OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 03:13:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The various forms of Judaism  (Read 543 times) Average Rating: 0
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« on: February 04, 2011, 05:38:45 AM »

As I am viewing some other religions, I thought about going into Judaism of today. How is it that the majority of these Jewish groups, Orthodox and Rabbinic, mostly derive during the 18th century. Or do I have it wrong? And to ultra-orthodox Judaism they trace their roots back to Moses? Then where are the sacrafices?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 05:40:42 AM by Aposphet » Logged

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 06:25:19 AM »

One last thing, why do they deny Christ as the Messiah? I know He didn't follow some things in the Talmud, what's the origination of that document?

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Ioannis Climacus
High Elder

"There is no religion higher than TRUTH"

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 07:43:14 AM »

One last thing, why do they deny Christ as the Messiah? I know He didn't follow some things in the Talmud, what's the origination of that document?
While some of the Talmudic writings came from earlier oral traditions, it was compiled in the centuries following the sack of Jerusalem by the Romans. It is an atrocious text that perverts the faith of the Hebrews (even going so far as to speak horrible blasphemies of Christ and the Theotokos).

Christ is rejected by the ones called Jews because he does not fulfill their understanding of the messianic prophecy. They expect a mighty ruler to defeat their enemies and establish an earthly kingdom.

Note : Many of my posts (especially the ones antedating late 2012) do not reflect charity, tact, or even views I presently hold. Please forgive me for any antagonism I have caused.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 08:06:41 AM »

Ah I see. Correct me if I am referencing this wrong but didn't Christ say the temple would be destroyed and in 3 days his Church will stand? Why did it take a couple of decades for that to happen? And wasn't the fall of that temple predicted somewhere in Scripture?

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 08:15:42 AM »

Ah I see. Correct me if I am referencing this wrong but didn't Christ say the temple would be destroyed and in 3 days his Church will stand? Why did it take a couple of decades for that to happen?

"We heard him say, I will destroy this temple that is made with hands, and within three days I will build another made without hands." - Mk. 14:58

"Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? But he spake of the temple of his body." - Jn. 2:19-21

EDIT--Edited to remove my commentary, which was probably wrong!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 08:32:19 AM by Asteriktos » Logged

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
Theophilos78
Archon

Faith: pro-Israeli Zionist Apostolic Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Adonai Yeshua

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 08:44:03 AM »

Ah I see. Correct me if I am referencing this wrong but didn't Christ say the temple would be destroyed and in 3 days his Church will stand? Why did it take a couple of decades for that to happen? And wasn't the fall of that temple predicted somewhere in Scripture?

The Temple Jesus talked of was His body.

Jesus predicted the destruction of the Temple during His last days in Jerusalem.

Longing for Heavenly Jerusalem
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 11:10:06 PM »

Ah I see thank you!

Wouldn't God have to become man though to show man what the perfect ideal man should become? And that Christ is the judge of all humanity since he is the perfect man?

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: