OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 22, 2014, 06:33:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DocumentingReality.com  (Read 2321 times) Average Rating: 0
IssacTheSyrian

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Bulgarian Archdiocese

« on: February 04, 2011, 01:15:06 AM »

Has anybody ever heard about this website?

http://www.documentingreality.com/forum/

There's some craaazy stuff on there. But beware of the vulgar language of the users and the external web-links they post.

DISCLAIMER:

I will not be held accountable for any mental trauma and / or evil's that people suffer from due to visiting this website. View at your own risk!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 01:16:23 AM by IssacTheSyrian » Logged

"To be detached from matter is prior to being bound to God."

St Issac The Syrian
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 01:18:04 AM »

Was is it? I googled the site and it talked about "the real faces of death" and such.
IssacTheSyrian

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 01:23:52 AM »

Was is it? I googled the site and it talked about "the real faces of death" and such.

Just what the name says, "Documenting Reality". When it says reality it means everything from car accidents, to cops,  911 calls, to death videos and pictures, to human deformities, to funny things...

The death pictures and photos are whats really terrible, the things that actually happen to people amazes me. Cry

St Issac The Syrian
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 01:25:15 AM »

The death pictures and photos are whats really terrible, the things that actually happen to people amazes me. Cry

Ahh, yes... I have watched a few beheading videos in years past... very sad stuff  Sad
IssacTheSyrian

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 01:29:35 AM »

Ahh, yes... I have watched a few beheading videos in years past... very sad stuff  Sad

I cannot bear to see the beheadings. There's much more to it than that. There's like car accidents and stuff.

St Issac The Syrian
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 01:32:24 AM »

I cannot bear to see the beheadings. There's much more to it than that. There's like car accidents and stuff.

Yeah. I think it's good to remind ourselves what reality can be like. Sometimes we sort of create a bubble for ourselves. Then you see a picture or video, or read a book like The Gulag Archipelago, and it just gives you the smallest hint at what things are like for some others--but that smallest hint can still be powerful.
IssacTheSyrian

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 01:42:51 AM »

Yeah. I think it's good to remind ourselves what reality can be like. Sometimes we sort of create a bubble for ourselves. Then you see a picture or video, or read a book like The Gulag Archipelago, and it just gives you the smallest hint at what things are like for some others--but that smallest hint can still be powerful.

You've probably already hear what this man says about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTJ15xNG1jk

St Issac The Syrian
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 01:51:09 AM »

You've probably already hear what this man says about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTJ15xNG1jk

Actually no, 90% of my exposure to contemporary Orthodoxy from online sources is through oc.net. So if people don't post stuff here, I probably don't see it. So, thanks for the link!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: