OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 28, 2014, 07:05:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: bizarre teachings about the Mother of God  (Read 29229 times) Average Rating: 0
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #540 on: November 16, 2011, 05:56:22 PM »

Either way, the Church would have had to issue something allowing the marriage. Whether she was Mr. hitler's cousin or niece, Isa's statement holds true.

PP

Then you really know nothing of the Catholic Church as well as being in the dark about this particular bit of history.
Sic Maria dixit +November 16, 2011. In error, of course. Again.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
elijahmaria
Taxiarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

« Reply #541 on: November 16, 2011, 08:08:29 PM »

This thread is not only off topic now, it is personally antagonistic. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

i've seen worse, unfortunately Sad

True. And I'm no perfect person either. Far from it. I've said many things of which I'm not proud. All I'm saying is, it's kind of sad that these things devolve this way.

Lord help us.

You are fine.  I am always working to try to do better.  Sometimes I don't succeed... Smiley  But then I just have to go again and see how it works.  You would not discourage me from dusting off and having another go, on a personal level...So the same thing applies here.  We just dust off and have another go at it!!

M.

primuspilus
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #542 on: November 17, 2011, 12:51:00 PM »

We just dust off and have another go at it
*cheers while grabbing a washcloth***

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
elijahmaria
Taxiarches

« Reply #543 on: November 17, 2011, 01:42:04 PM »

I can't always agree with you but I am beginning to appreciate your contributions more in the sense that I "see" a bit more than the black and white of your words in your thinking.  In some ways that is what all the repetition is about...getting to know others better.  In the sense that we seek similar spiritual goods from the same Trinity [at least I think we do] then it is good to be able to talk about it.

M.

J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #544 on: November 17, 2011, 02:17:43 PM »

I can't always agree with you but I am beginning to appreciate your contributions more in the sense that I "see" a bit more than the black and white of your words in your thinking.  In some ways that is what all the repetition is about...getting to know others better.  In the sense that we seek similar spiritual goods from the same Trinity [at least I think we do] then it is good to be able to talk about it.

M.

Amen to that!

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #545 on: November 17, 2011, 02:24:18 PM »

*blush*

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
elijahmaria
Taxiarches

« Reply #546 on: November 17, 2011, 02:30:03 PM »

*blush*

Cheesy

That is a rare quality...the blush.

I need the good cheer today...thanks!

Tags: Vassula Sacred Heart Immaculate Conception bad acid trip 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: