OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 29, 2014, 03:32:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please pray for me and give me advice me advice in my situation  (Read 1052 times) Average Rating: 0
Lea

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« on: January 30, 2011, 06:25:20 AM »

I am desperate for help. I live in Cyprus and for the last 2years I am in a relationship with a man called Giwrgos.. he is orthodox Christian but I believe that his faith is not very strong right now, and he is not walking in the light right now. Giwrgos is my fiance and we were planning to marry soon, we live together next to his parents and  brothers and I know it is a sin that we live together before we are actually married but we have supervision and guidance from his family. I love Giwrgos so much, in the past he was in the wilderness, more so than now I can say, and made many bad decisions and false friends and took some wrong paths. But we came together, and he opened his heart to me and started again on what I believe was the right path. He has no desire, he told me to return to his old ways. He got a good job, works hard and and really started to open up to me. He opened up to me about the pain in his past, I believe he still has alot of pain inside. I have been trying for 2years to help him, I have tried with all my heart to show him the right way, to walk with God, and to give his pain back to God, and to look forward. Even though myself, I have pain inside from my past, I have never really shared it with Giwrgos because I believed he couldn't handle it. Instead I believe through keeping my own pain from him, I have drawn closer to God through seeing the LORD as my rock. And I believe it was my job to use my love for my fiance to guide him in the right way. I have been reading the Bible to him, and I have seen great progression in him and I felt he has become a much happier, more secure person.

My family live in the UK, one week ago I came without Giwrgos to the UK for 3days to visit my father. When I arrived back home to Cyprus, Giwrgos was different, he seemed moody and withdrawn, and like he had something on his mind. I asked him several times for several days to tell me when he was ready, I told him to share his problem with me so I can understand and stand by him and help him. He didn't tell me for the first few days, I just assumed he wasn't ready, so I sat praying to God to give Giwrgos the strength to open up to me. On Tuesday morning, he did... He told me he has been lieing to me, he told me we don't have money in the bank, that we owe alot of money, and that he has failed financially. and that the business is going down, and it's possible we will lose the car etc. His father had recieved a letter when I was in UK about our financial problems, that he had kept secret and had got so angry and practically disowned him. Giwrgos has never had a good relationship with his father, he has alot of pain from his father's absence in the past, and right now Giwrgos' parents are going through a bad divorce, and I feel Giwrgos is very distressed about that. Giwrgos continued to tell me that he is so confused and that he feels so many things right now, and doesn't know what to do, that the pressure of the situation has got to much, and he needs time to think alone. I was shocked, I pleaded with him at first. I told him that money is nothing compared to our love, and that we will stand together strong to face this situation together with the help of the Lord. I told him God will find a way to help us, and that money is really nothing.. I told him, what is money..we won't take it to heaven with us when we die. He told me he needed time to think. I asked him to go to the Church, the next day he went to ST Giwrgos church and I prayed and prayed that while there in the Church God would put his hand on him and show him the right way. I believed God would show Giwrgos not to throw away love in the name of money.

Giwrgos came back from the Church on wednesday and he told me he had lit a candle, and prayed with all his heart, and that his answer was that he needs time from me, to be alone.. and to see what he wants. I was heartbroken, but I prayed to God for strength and understanding, andd the strength to accept his will. Giwrgos told me he wants me to go in UK for some time, until our heads are clear. I am heartbroken, I feel he has thrown me out from my own home. , I have said to him on Thursday "Giwrgos I love you with all my heart, but I also have to have respect formyself and see what I want after you have done this to me,". I know I can forgive him forn this, because I love him so much. But I am afraid, I am afraid that he doesn't see his mistake, that he goes again in the wrong way. Last night he took me to the airport with his mother, and he cried, I didn't cry, I just prayed for strength and I believe God gave it to me. Because I walked away with respect, and didn't cry and stayed strong. Giwrgos acted like it was all my fault at the aiport, he cried and said I can't believe you're doing this to me. !!! "This was your choice!" I told him. He is the one that asked for this break.. numerous times, and now he's acting like I've abandoned him. I don't know what is the truth, if he didn't think before he spoke, if we will come back together or no..I don't know. But I know I am hurting so much right now inside. I am here with my family now, it's difficult because my family can't give me Christian advice, they are not Christians. I have closed my phone so I don't know if he has contacted me, I suspect not yet. I arrived last night and prayed until I was exhausted and fell asleep;. I need guidance, I want Giwrgos to be ok, I want God to help him to discover what really is important. He said so many things to me,he also wanted me to leave all of my posessions there in our home, i don't know why. To feel secure I will go back to him??? Please give me Christian advice, and please pray for me to find strength and to accept the will of God, and to pray for Giwrgos to find understanding and peace and for God to guide him in the right way. I tried to stand next to Giwrgos, but he has pushed me away in 1 week. Now all I can do is pray.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 06:50:53 AM by Lea » Logged
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 01:09:01 PM »

Prayers.....

Господе Помилуjи....Амин Амин
Lord Have Mercy....Amen Amen
Kirije Elejison.....Amin Amin

It's not easy giving advice, when the heart is involved.....
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 01:10:52 PM by stashko » Logged

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
quietmorning
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

St. Photini

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 02:24:56 PM »

Lord have mercy! Lord have mercy! Lord have mercy on Lea and Giwrgos.  Thy will be done!  Thy holy will be done!! They glorious holy will be done!

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
Lea

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 07:14:37 PM »

Thankyou both for praying for me. Thankyou.
God is giving me strength.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 07:28:58 PM »

Lord have Mercy.
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 05:25:57 AM »

As liberator of Captives and Defender of the poor,
Physician of the sick, Champion of Kings,
O Trophybearer and Great Martyr George
Pray to Christ God that He may save our souls.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Dimitrios-Georgios

Faith: Christian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Saints Dimitrios and Georgios

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 06:24:39 AM »

Lord have mercy.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 12:53:50 PM »

God be with you, dear!

It may be of help to your soul to visit a monastery. There is one, St. John the Baptist in Sussex (I think), founded by the holy elder Sophrony. He lived on Mt. Athos for a while and was a disciple of St. Silouan. He is departed now to God, but his relics are there and you can pray to him.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 09:12:31 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
mike
Warned
Stratopedarches

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2011, 11:36:53 AM »

Lord, have mercy!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: