OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 17, 2014, 09:14:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Serbian fund Raiser  (Read 486 times) Average Rating: 0
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« on: January 29, 2011, 04:08:27 PM »

Do Any Other Orthodox christian Churches  Do this Auction type fund Raising...Curious..

Video about opening a new church and before consecration,certain religious objects ,the Altar ,and the Holy Cross,plus the litija Banner ,Auctioned the priest is asking the faithful who is going to be the Godfather of the Altar ,so some one out bid others and got it for 30,000 dinars donation ,the Godfather of the Holy Cross out bid others and got it for 22,000 dinar donation ,Plus who wants to Process the Litija banner around the church and got it by out biding others  for about 10.000 Dinar donation.....

Video  .....http://www.youtube.com/embed/wzym6un1qWY
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 04:34:49 PM by stashko » Logged

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Jason.Wike
OC.net guru

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 05:37:31 PM »

This and that "Let's put little plaques to show we are pious and charitable on everything" don't really seem too kosher... actually Jesus made the exact point to not be ostentatious (doing it for show) about giving (and also about praying). He said to do it in secret and you will receive a reward from God for it in secret. If you do it to receive acclaim from others then you have already received a a return for it. And I know I'm not misinterpreting that... its crystal clear.
Asteriktos
Pegleg J
Protostrator

Faith: Like an arrow to the knee

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 05:39:57 PM »

This and that "Let's put little plaques to show we are pious and charitable on everything" don't really seem too kosher... actually Jesus made the exact point to not be ostentatious (doing it for show) about giving (and also about praying). He said to do it in secret and you will receive a reward from God for it in secret. If you do it to receive acclaim from others then you have already received a a return for it. And I know I'm not misinterpreting that... its crystal clear.

And yet I was just on the Antiochian site an hour ago, and they were justifying their Order of Saint Ignatius (giving money) by pointing out that Jesus said to let your light shine. Don't get me wrong, I agree with you, it's just that many see it a different way I guess.

I'll bet I look like a goof.

"And since when have Christians become afraid of rain?"
Jason.Wike
OC.net guru

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 05:51:10 PM »

And yet I was just on the Antiochian site an hour ago, and they were justifying their Order of Saint Ignatius (giving money) by pointing out that Jesus said to let your light shine. Don't get me wrong, I agree with you, it's just that many see it a different way I guess.

I thought that verse had to do with general conduct and the light of God within. Obviously you cannot hide that. Though from the impression I get from reading the counsels of Elder Paisios, I think some people take it quite literally with no understanding allegory at all.  Sad
stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 06:02:32 PM »

But one of the apostles, did say somethings just can't be helped they just get published .......
Do you think Bingo Nights would be better to raise money, for the church...The construction of the church has to be payed for , some how....

I thought that verse had to do with general conduct and the light of God within. Obviously you cannot hide that. Though from the impression I get from reading the counsels of Elder Paisios, I think some people take it quite literally with no understanding allegory at all.  Sad

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 06:21:08 PM »

Do Any Other Orthodox christian Churches  Do this Auction type fund Raising...Curious..

Video about opening a new church and before consecration,certain religious objects ,the Altar ,and the Holy Cross,plus the litija Banner ,Auctioned the priest is asking the faithful who is going to be the Godfather of the Altar ,so some one out bid others and got it for 30,000 dinars donation ,the Godfather of the Holy Cross out bid others and got it for 22,000 dinar donation ,Plus who wants to Process the Litija banner around the church and got it by out biding others  for about 10.000 Dinar donation.....

Video  .....http://www.youtube.com/embed/wzym6un1qWY

Just to clarifiy a little ...What the Priest is really asking  the faithful is , not to bury there shekels but to put them to good use ,in the vineyard of the Lord...
The ones that chose to give the winning donation are God Parents of the Altar, and Holy Cross and the litija Banner are  guardians  of the Faith in action and not just in words but a active Giving faith...........
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 06:27:21 PM by stashko » Logged

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: