Poll

Are Charismatics a cult or are they blinded?

A
3 (50%)
B
3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Charismatics  (Read 542 times)

Offline the_typist

Charismatics
« on: January 26, 2011, 07:48:19 PM »
When I first took my wife (gf at the time) to my old church (Foursquare), they were speaking in tongues. Now, I don't agree with the Protestant view of speaking in tongues because I think it is useless gibbering and just plain annoying, but my wife was crying when she heard the "tongues". I thought she was emotionally happy but she was in fact scared to death! She thought it was some sort of demon worship haha. However, I can see where it would and does cause many problems.

What do you think?

Offline the_typist

Charismatics
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 07:49:05 PM »
When I first took my wife (gf at the time) to my old church (Foursquare), they were speaking in tongues. Now, I don't agree with the Protestant view of speaking in tongues because I think it is useless gibbering and just plain annoying, but my wife was crying when she heard the "tongues". I thought she was emotionally happy but she was in fact scared to death! She thought it was some sort of demon worship haha. However, I can see where it would and does cause many problems.

What do you think?

Offline NicholasMyra

• Automated Kibitz Machine
  • Taxiarches
    • Hyperdox Herman
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Serious Injury List
Re: Charismatics
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 08:50:52 PM »
But aren't members of a cult by definition "blinded" to some extent? It seems like the poll is a bit exclusive :P

According to clock time and calendar time the approval of threads may seem to be long delayed, but in sacred time it is always near at hand, always imminent.
Vote for a Ministry section on OC.net

Offline the_typist

Re: Charismatics
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 09:04:54 PM »
Sorry, I'm new here. I couldn't figure out how to post a message without putting a "poll" on. I used to be good at posting messages but I guess I'm getting too old hehe.