OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 30, 2014, 05:20:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Poll
Question: Are Charismatics a cult or are they blinded?
A - 2 (40%)
B - 3 (60%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charismatics  (Read 400 times) Average Rating: 0
the_typist

Jurisdiction: United States of America

« on: January 26, 2011, 07:48:19 PM »

When I first took my wife (gf at the time) to my old church (Foursquare), they were speaking in tongues. Now, I don't agree with the Protestant view of speaking in tongues because I think it is useless gibbering and just plain annoying, but my wife was crying when she heard the "tongues". I thought she was emotionally happy but she was in fact scared to death! She thought it was some sort of demon worship haha. However, I can see where it would and does cause many problems.

What do you think?
the_typist

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 07:49:05 PM »

When I first took my wife (gf at the time) to my old church (Foursquare), they were speaking in tongues. Now, I don't agree with the Protestant view of speaking in tongues because I think it is useless gibbering and just plain annoying, but my wife was crying when she heard the "tongues". I thought she was emotionally happy but she was in fact scared to death! She thought it was some sort of demon worship haha. However, I can see where it would and does cause many problems.

What do you think?
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 08:50:52 PM »

But aren't members of a cult by definition "blinded" to some extent? It seems like the poll is a bit exclusive Tongue

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

"You are philosophical innovators. As for me, I follow the Fathers." -Every heresiarch ever
the_typist

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 09:04:54 PM »

Sorry, I'm new here. I couldn't figure out how to post a message without putting a "poll" on. I used to be good at posting messages but I guess I'm getting too old hehe.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: