OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 02, 2014, 02:43:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: are muslims terrorists?!  (Read 42329 times) Average Rating: 0
Timos
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian

« Reply #270 on: August 24, 2006, 06:23:01 PM »

[quote author=Αριστοκλής link=topic=3326.msg132882#msg132882 date=1156420233]
Timos, yes, funny. But I have prayer rugs (among other orientals - a passion of mine), some obviously real ones and I don't feel muslim at all  Cheesy[/quote]

Lol, but these ppl were like seriously into the islamic head gear and clock gear and everything also along with the shisha's...

the funniest Greek demotika I heard came from Calabria and the Greek Villages there.

There are still greek villages in Calabria? I have some relatives from Calabria. I knew that Calabria was once under the Byzantine Empire and that in the Calabrese dialect, there exist some greek words but not that there are stil villages? What do u mean by that? Like actual greek/orthodox villages or now greek latinized villages??
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 06:24:26 PM by Timos » Logged
sdcheung
it's as if..Saint Photios and Saint Mark Ephesus, has come back
Banned
OC.net guru

...even though Romania Falls, another will Rise...

« Reply #271 on: August 24, 2006, 06:28:11 PM »

Lol, but these ppl were like seriously into the islamic head gear and clock gear and everything also along with the shisha's...

There are still greek villages in Calabria? I have some relatives from Calabria. I knew that Calabria was once under the Byzantine Empire and that in the Calabrese dialect, there exist some greek words but not that there are stil villages? What do u mean by that? Like actual greek/orthodox villages or now greek latinized villages??

Griko (dialect) speaking Greeks. probably Orthodox. And yes, There are some Greek villages in Calabria.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griko
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 06:30:11 PM by sdcheung » Logged

Keep Breed Mixing, and this Maine Coon Cat will be the last of it's kind. /\
No profanities in your sig line if you're going to post in the public forum.
Apostlos2

Faith: Christian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolis of Mesogaea-Church of Greece

leiton = big public place with roof, ergon = work

« Reply #272 on: August 25, 2006, 08:47:14 AM »

Griko (dialect) speaking Greeks. probably Orthodox. And yes, There are some Greek villages in Calabria.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griko

Grico communities in Calabria & Salento:

-According to Itallian linguist Morosi (1870) this dialect is an immediate descendant of the language the Byzantine populations living there (8th century AD) spoke
-German linguist on the other hand Gerhard Rohlfs suggests that Griko (or Grico) can trace its linguistic roots to the great Greek colonization of 8th century BC (Magna Graecia)
-At Grecia Salentina, 9 communities with 40,000 people speak Grico: Calimera, Martano, Castriniano dei Greci, Coriglano d'Otranto, Malpiniano, Soleto, Sternatia, Solino, Martignano
-Italian Parliament has recognized the Grico community of Salento as "Minoranze linguistiche Grike dell' Etnia Griko-Salentina" (Linguistic minority of the Griko-Salentina ethnicity)
 Prima di essere Latino, mi sento di essere Greco  [Before being Latin, I feel myself being Greek]

A few music samples:
[right click, save target as]
Agapiso
Quant'ave
Kalinifta
Lu rusciu te lu mare
Source:
http://www.grikamilume.com/
http://www.geocities.com/enosi_griko/

And Paul standing in the midst of Areopagus said, Athenians, in every way I see you given up to the worship of God; for, passing through and beholding your shrines, I found also an altar on which was inscribed, To the unknown God. Whom therefore ye reverence, not knowing him, him I announce to you
Panagiotis
Libertarian/Orthodox/Lush
Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: The Phanar

Advocating Liberty Since 1973

« Reply #273 on: August 26, 2006, 02:19:03 PM »

I received this email from a Professor at my church:
Bcc:
Subject: Fw: Fw:
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 17:24:36 +0000
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 10 Aug 2006 17:24:37.0677 (UTC)
FILETIME=[DB0285D0:01C6BCA1]

nick

Can a good Muslim be a good American?

I sent that question to a friend who worked in Saudi Arabia for 20  years. The following is his reply:
Theologically - no. Because his allegiance is to Allah, the moon god of Arabia.
Religiously - no. Because no other religion is accepted by his Allah except Islam (Quran, 2:256)
Scripturally - no. Because his allegiance is to the five pillars of Islam and the Quran (Koran).
Geographically - no. Because his allegiance is to Mecca, to which he turns in prayer five times a day.
Socially - no. Because his allegiance to Islam forbids him to make friends with Christians or Jews.:
Politically - no. Because he must submit to the mullah (spiritual leaders), who teach annihilation  of Israel and Destruction of America, the great Satan.
Domestically - no. Because he is instructed to marry four women and beat and scourge his wife when she disobeys him (Quran 4:34).
Intellectually - no. Because he cannot accept the American Constitution since it is based on Biblical principles and he believes the Bible to be corrupt.
Philosophically - no. Because Islam, Muhammad, and the Quran do not allow freedom of religion and expression. Democracy and Islam cannot co-exist. Every Muslim government is either dictatorial or autocratic.
Spiritually - no. Because when we declare "one nation under God," the Christian's God is  loving and kind, while Allah is NEVER referred to as heavenly father, nor is he ever called love in The Quran's 99 excellent names.
Therefore after much study and deliberation....perhaps we should be very suspicious of ALL MUSLIMS in this country. They obviously cannot be  both "good" Muslims and good Americans.
Call it what you wish....it's still the truth.

The religious war is bigger than we know or understand.

The Muslim religion is the fastest growing religion per capita in the United States especially in the minority races!!!

Allah or Jesus?
by Rick Mathes
Last month I attended my annual training session that's required for maintaining my state prison security clearance. During the training session there was a presentation by three speakers representing the Roman Catholic, Protestant and Muslim faiths, who explained each of their beliefs. I was particularly interested in what the Islamic Imam had to say. The Imam gave a great presentation of the basics of Islam, complete with a video. After the presentations, time was provided for questions and answers. When it was my turn, I directed my question to the Imam and asked: "Please, correct me if I'm wrong but I understand that most Imams and clerics of Islam have declared a holy jihad [Holy war] against the infidels of the world and, that by killing an infidel, (which is a command to all Muslims) they are assured of a place in heaven. If that's the case, can you give me the definition of an infidel?" There was no disagreement with my statements and, without hesitation, he replied, "Non-believers!" I responded, "So, let me make sure I have this straight. All followers of Allah have been commanded to kill everyone who is not of your faith so they can have a place in Heaven. Is that correct?" The expression on his face changed from one of authority and command to that of "a little boy who had just been caught with his hand in the cookie jar." He sheepishly replied, "Yes" I then stated, "Well, sir, I have a real problem trying to imagine Pope Benedict commanding all Catholics to kill those of your faith or Dr. Stanley ordering all Protestants to do the same in order to guarantee them a place in Heaven!"  The Imam was speechless. I continued, "I also have a problem with being your 'friend' when you and your brother clerics are telling your followers to kill me! Let me ask you a question. Would you rather have your Allah, who tells you to kill me in order for you to go to Heaven, or my Jesus who tells me to love you because I am going to Heaven and He wants you to be there with me?"  You could have heard a pin drop as the Imam hung his head in shame. Needless to say, the organizers and/or promoters of the 'Diversification' training seminar were not happy with Rick's way of dealing with the Islamic Imam and exposing the truth about the Muslims' beliefs.

I think everyone in the US should be required to read this but with the liberal justice system, liberal media, and the ACLU, there is no way this will be widely publicized. Please pass this on to all your e-mail contacts.
This is a true story and the author, Rick Mathes, is a well known leader in prison ministry

Now I dont know who Rick Mathes is but he asked a good question. He's probably a Protestant minister but I would still have asked the same question.

Blessings,
Panagiotis

"The first condition for the establishment of perpetual peace is the general adoption of the principles of laissez-faire capitalism"
-Ludwig Von Mises
CRCulver
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Church of Finland and Romanian Orthodox Church

St Stephen of Perm, missionary to speakers of Komi

« Reply #274 on: August 26, 2006, 02:36:37 PM »

While the first thing posted has some good points, the "Rick Mathes" story was debunked last year as a total fabrication.
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #275 on: August 26, 2006, 04:43:11 PM »

Can a good Muslim be a good American?

Lest we get caught up too much in our own propoganda that represents only the extreme Wahhabism forms of Islam.  There are others that take a very different approach and actually feel the same way about Wahhabism as most of us.  It's not accurate to call that "Islam" with the implication that that is end all of what is Islamic.  But we all know that every Christian handles snakes...
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #276 on: August 26, 2006, 05:45:32 PM »

I THINK I can agree with you here, but how many American Muslims do you know?

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #277 on: August 26, 2006, 06:00:43 PM »

I THINK I can agree with you here, but how many American Muslims do you know?

Several.  All of them are rather secularized.  I'm sure some Muslims living here identify with the whole Wahhabist Jihad against the world, but that's not the end all of Muslim individuals. 
CRCulver
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Church of Finland and Romanian Orthodox Church

St Stephen of Perm, missionary to speakers of Komi

« Reply #278 on: August 26, 2006, 06:16:32 PM »

[quote author=Νεκτάριος link=topic=3326.msg133373#msg133373 date=1156629643]
Several.  All of them are rather secularized.  I'm sure some Muslims living here identify with the whole Wahhabist Jihad against the world, but that's not the end all of Muslim individuals. 
[/quote]

Maybe American Muslims are fairly secularized, but polls consistenly show that Muslims living in other Western countries such as France and Britain have more sympathy with the Dar al-Islam than with the countries in which they reside.
Jetavan
Most Humble Servant of Pan-Vespuccian and Holocenic Hominids
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #279 on: December 31, 2012, 07:40:04 PM »

Rabbi Menachem Froman explains that the Israeli/Palestinian conflict is really an issue of East and West and therefore a reflection of one larger conflict of global concern. Froman argues that as the nature of the conflict is religious, the politicians have their role, but spiritual leaders have a greater part to play in the peace-making process. He further illustrates the need for greater understanding and respect on both sides of the issue. If we can recognize that both Muslims and Westerners have valuable things to offer, then peace will follow.

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: