Author Topic: Are we suppose to hate Homosexuals?  (Read 1555 times)

Offline FinnJames

• Elder
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of Finland
Re: Are we suppose to hate Homosexuals?
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2016, 09:42:15 AM »
Mr James;

1. Where, exactly, do you draw the line between acceptable same-sex friendship and the sin of sodomy?
The minute the friendship morphs into sexual perversion or something more than just genuine freindly companionship.

[...]

Or is there no act which would place them above suspicion in your eyes?
Not as long as they don't flamboyantly display their sodomite lifestyle or demand "acceptance" of a sin that cries out to heaven for vegeance.

Thank you for your candid answers in reply #86 of this thread (which I've shortened here to save space). I've long felt this sort of open honesty is necessary in discussions of homosexuality since without it those on one 'side' can easily paint everyone on the other 'side' as a homophobic bigot or a defender of unrestricted gay sex on the streets.

Offline Charles Martel

• Traditional Roman Catholic
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2016, 10:34:25 AM »
And what did the Lord  Himself command St. Mary the Magdalene in your example of John 8?

"Go and SIN NO MORE".

And she didn't. not in the sin of adultery anyway.

Really?
Yes, really.

She is regarded as a holy saint in both the East and the Western Church.

Do you believe she lived the life of a whore after her personal  experience and conversion with Christ?

That is blasphemy.

Believing St. Mary was that woman is not a blasphemy but a mere lack of education about her.
First of all, you didn't qualify your response of "Really?" was indeed  regarding whether the woman in the Gospel of Luke was the harlot about to be stoned. Secondly. it is held in Latin tradition that she was the same "Mary", as mentioned in other verses in the Gospels as the "sinner" in Luke 7 as well as the sister of Martha and Lazarus.

At any rate, the woman is a saint and it is blasphemy questioning her commitment out of the life of adultery after her conversion with Christ. Which seemed to be the way you asked in context of your question.
Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.

Offline Charles Martel

• Traditional Roman Catholic
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #92 on: July 31, 2016, 10:40:58 AM »
Mr James;

1. Where, exactly, do you draw the line between acceptable same-sex friendship and the sin of sodomy?
The minute the friendship morphs into sexual perversion or something more than just genuine freindly companionship.

[...]

Or is there no act which would place them above suspicion in your eyes?
Not as long as they don't flamboyantly display their sodomite lifestyle or demand "acceptance" of a sin that cries out to heaven for vegeance.

Thank you for your candid answers in reply #86 of this thread (which I've shortened here to save space). I've long felt this sort of open honesty is necessary in discussions of homosexuality since without it those on one 'side' can easily paint everyone on the other 'side' as a homophobic bigot or a defender of unrestricted gay sex on the streets.
Your welcome Finn. BTW, I don't "hate" homosexuals, but I cannot in good conscience, as a Catholic or a man, accept the act of open homosexuality or the sin of sodom in any way or form whatsoever. This does not mean I believe that violence should be prepretrated on homosexuals for no good reason either. The problem is, with many militant open honosexuals and the govt/culture that enables them, it is becoming and "either/or" situation these days as well.

That's why I believe the U.S. days are numbered with all it's acceptence of the "sins of the flesh".

We are on a countdown to oblivion.
Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.

Offline Velsigne

• High Elder
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: USA
« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2016, 09:05:11 PM »
There's one opinion down, and only 7,440,234,413+/-to go.

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
    • Blog
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of the South
« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2016, 12:27:21 AM »
I hate when homos redecorate my house without my knowledge or consultation.  I do not want subway tiles in the kitchen.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline Indocern

• High Elder
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Eastern Orthodox
« Reply #95 on: August 18, 2016, 10:42:10 AM »
I really hate the dichotomy between sin and sinner that always comes up in discussions about homosexuality.
I have to agree with this. How can you separate the two?

If you continue to knowingly  engage in an unatural act, there's no "excusing" the sin from the sinner.

You can't separate a man from his action, his actions reflect  who he is.

Yes, metropolitan of Kastoria from Greece say that God hate the sin, but love the sinner, and he say that the Fathers say so.
Which is not true, Fathers never said so and they can't because it is against God.

Bible says:

Wisdom 14:9 Because equally God hate and wicked and his wickedly.

also:

Psalm 11:5 The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.

and

Psalm 139:
21 Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?
22 I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 10:45:00 AM by Indocern »