OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 21, 2014, 08:18:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Those Who Hunger and Thirst for Righteousness Will be Filled  (Read 526 times) Average Rating: 0
podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« on: January 25, 2011, 01:02:40 PM »

"To hunger and thirst for righteousness even amid the difficulties of life is a sign of life, of awakening and of awareness. It is an escape from the tendency to despair. It connotes the Eucharistic life of the sacrament, bread and wine, the body and blood of Christ, which illumines and changes those who partake in faith, so that they can become righteous through faith and in cooperation with Jesus Christ overcome even death itself. Physical poverty, grief and every other obstacle, every cross, can become the catalyst for transformation and salvation."

A meditation well worth reading by Eric Simpson Associate Editor, "In Communion: The Journal of the Orthodox Peace Fellowship" that was published today on HuffPost. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eric-simpson/those-who-hunger-and-thir_b_811983.html 

J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 01:30:35 PM »

If you haven't already read it, check out The Ladder of the Beatitudes by James H. Forest.  One of the best discussions/meditations on the beatitudes I've come across!  Excellent!

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
Tags: Beatitudes 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: