OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 23, 2014, 10:40:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Orthodoxy 102" Online classes starting January 31st  (Read 1090 times) Average Rating: 0
podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« on: January 25, 2011, 12:10:20 PM »

With The Blessing of His Eminence, Metropolitan Nicholas a seven-week on-line introductory class on the Orthodox Christian Spiritual Life, Orthodoxy 102, will begin on Monday January 31, 2011. The class, led by Fr. Peter Paproski, will be  broadcast live each week from St. John the Baptist Orthodox Church  in Stratford Connecticut.   The  class will begin at 7:00 pm and will last approximately 60 minutes.

Topics to be discussed will include, The Nature of the Church, Teachings of the Fathers on the Spiritual Life, Sin and Repantance: Combating the Passions and Training in the Virtues, Orthodox Worship, Faith and Works, Spiritual Life and the World.

Time will allowed at the end of each session for a question and answer period based on questions raised  in person or via email or instant messaging.  Audio recordings of each session will be archived for later study.

There is no charge for participating, however, those who wish to participate must register on-line to enter the class room and access the broadcast link.  Audio recordings of each session will be archived for later study. http://www.acrod.org/news/releases/press-orthodoxy102
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 12:13:30 PM by podkarpatska » Logged
Anastasia1
My warrior name is Beyoncé Pad Thai
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Occasionally traveling, Armenian.

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 01:08:31 PM »

Glad they are archived. I work during that time. Very cool.

Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 01:54:26 PM »

This is very cool!  Thanks for posting this! 

is this geared towards a specific demographic?

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
podkarpatska
Merarches

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 05:04:01 PM »

This is very cool!  Thanks for posting this! 

is this geared towards a specific demographic?

It is not geared to school children, beyond that you could ask Fr. Peter by following the link to his email address. I heard good things from many quarters about last spring's sessions.
Greywalk

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 09:07:12 AM »

Audio recordings of each session will be archived for later study.

There is no charge for participating, however, those who wish to participate must register on-line to enter the class room and access the broadcast link.  Audio recordings of each session will be archived for later study. http://www.acrod.org/news/releases/press-orthodoxy102

Do you need to register for access to the archives...I am sleeping then since I am in Europe.  Smiley

Just a poor wayfaring stranger passing through (from an old American Folk song)
searn77

Faith: Orthodox Old Calendarist
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Orthodox Metropolia of the Americas & the British Isles

St. Philaret (Voznesensky) of New York

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 12:20:25 PM »

Do you need to register for access to the archives...I am sleeping then since I am in Europe.  Smiley

From what I remember of the Orthodoxy 101 class you should be able to access the archives without registering.

Let us the faithful now come together to praise our father, protector and teacher the pillar of the Orthodox faith and firm defender of piety even the wondrous hierarch Philaret and let us glorify our Saviour Who has granted us his incorrupt relics as a manifest sign of his sanctity.
podkarpatska
Merarches

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 03:32:46 PM »

I contacted Fr. Peter and he said for you to register as you will then be able to download the syllabus and access the archive link.
Good luck and enjoy the class!
Greywalk

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 07:51:34 AM »

Thanks I appreciate you making that call.

Just a poor wayfaring stranger passing through (from an old American Folk song)
Anastasia1
OC.net guru

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 02:45:27 AM »

Do you need to register for access to the archives...I am sleeping then since I am in Europe.  Smiley
I contacted Fr. Peter and he said for you to register as you will then be able to download the syllabus and access the archive link.
Good luck and enjoy the class!

So I might find value in registering? Is there much benefit to the syllabus if I am still listening to Orthodoxy 101?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 02:45:50 AM by Anastasia1 » Logged

Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)
Anastasia1
OC.net guru

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 09:21:26 PM »

Do you know if 102 will be archived like the 101 was?

podkarpatska
Merarches

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2011, 10:14:04 AM »

Do you know if 102 will be archived like the 101 was?

Yes, if it is not yet available, it will be soon. Things are a bit hectic with the death of our Bishop right now for the webmaster, so be patient.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: