OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 21, 2014, 08:53:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Strong Delusion is extraterrestrial Designers are our gods  (Read 8618 times) Average Rating: 0
Marc1152
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #135 on: March 03, 2011, 11:05:19 AM »

I just dont believe in intelligent extraterrestrial life (but non-intelligent, yes). It would require them to human souls and...yeah.

Plus the panspermia theory has many holes in it.

I am not sure I believe in intelligent terrestrial life

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
Marc1152
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #136 on: March 03, 2011, 11:12:17 AM »

You have an agenda, hence you ignored that scholarly thesis proving the improbability of mutation being the mechanism for evolution.

You might actually want to google beneficial mutation Wink There are literally thousands of examples.. Reading a religious scholarly thesis on evolution is like reading a childs dick and Jane book. No offense, you really need to investigate things before making arguments such as the above. I gave you gene duplication as an example for a reason Wink And plants routinely evolve through mutation. Mutation just doesn't involve loss of information, or it can involve in replacement of information with new information. And regardless, evolution doesn't state that a beneficial change will occur lol. You have a very poor understanding what evolution is. It only states that a change will occur, and any change from it's previous state is evolution whether or not it's good or bad, or even causes the organism to go instinct.

For argument's sake, suppose I accept those cited as real examples of beneficial mutation, the paltry number of them actually prove the case against evolution:

The Natural Direction of Life Is Degeneration, Not Evolution

Mutations in the genomes of organisms are typically nearly neutral, with little effect on the fitness of the organism. However, the accumulation of deleterious (harmful) mutations does occur and the accumulation of these mutations leads to genetic degeneration.
http://www.icr.org/mutation/

The Cambrian strata's explosion of life proves evolution is not the mechanism.

The fossils prove an intelligence did it, which is why the ufo alien lie their scientists did it, will be so believable to those who reject God.

In any unbiased critical analysis, "Evolutionists" lose the argument---the facts are overwhelmingly against them:

http://www.intelligentdesign.org/

You should argue this on another thread. I don't have the time, or the desire, to joust with you about it.

For me, this is a settled issue, the Cambrian fossils constitute an overwhelming mass of irrefutable evidence intelligent design explains the variety of life on this planet.

The growing debate now is whether God is the intelligence behind it, or ufo alien scientists...

Satan's front groups are already preaching the new paradigm:
http://www.rael.org/

Christians know God did it, the lie the entire world will accept, is ufo alien scientists did it.

Evolution is completely discredited because its probability is infinitesimal,  incalculably minute.

Its so antiquated.

Sad actually. Like watching the obstinate stand against the incoming tide, desperately hoping to survive the waves...clutching their copies of Darwin's "The Origin of the Species" with white knuckles, screaming that life is so unfair...their entire life's work, their degrees...repudiated by the facts...darn darn darn it...

In terms of degeneration look at humans (Homo Sapians). We are far less robust, sicker and are developing all kinds of new diseases than our hunter gatherer fore-fathers.. Life expectancy is longer but not by that much. People are being kept alive artificially. Visit a nursing home sometime and look at all the bed-ridden people on feeding tubes. We live longer but are much sicker in our last years. We are smaller, fatter, and have far more chronic illness than our fore-fathers. Looks like species degeneration to me too.    
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 11:13:34 AM by Marc1152 » Logged

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
Tags: Alfred's back! Stargate 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: