OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 27, 2014, 01:57:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Strong Delusion is extraterrestrial Designers are our gods  (Read 8653 times) Average Rating: 0
Alfred Persson
Jesus is LORD, God the Eternal Son
Moderated
OC.net guru

Faith: Protestant but no Filioque
Jurisdiction: usa

Primitive Orthodox

« on: January 22, 2011, 03:33:37 PM »

And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness. (2Th 2:11-12 NKJ)

What precisely will the strong delusion/lie propose? That Extraterrestrial scientists intelligently designed life on this planet and gave it its religions. Therefore a worldwide falling away from traditional beliefs in Deity must come first, for these beings and their spokesman to sit as gods on the earth:

3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. (2Th 2:3-4 NKJ)

9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders,

The arrival of the "Designers" will be according to energy of Satan, with all power, signs and wonders that are "lying" because they powerfully convince all to believe the lie, not because they aren't real.

10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,
 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness. (2Th 2:10-12 NKJ)

Because men chose not to believe God's Word of Truth the Bible, He stops restraining the fallen angels from appearing once again in our sphere of existence, thus "sending" us Satan's hybrid human/angel seed who would rise and strike Christ in the heel (Gen 3:15). This is that Antichrist scripture predicted would come (1 Jn 2:18ff; 4:3ff; 2 Jo 1:7), an apostate Christian who betrays Christ like Judas, hence is called the "son of destruction" (2 Th 2:3; Jo 17:12).

He will ride like God upon the wing of an abomination, a Satanically energized craft desolating all who would oppose him (Da 9:27) by fire from heaven (Re 13:13), and men will say "who can make war against him" (Re 13:4).

The hybid seed rose up as a Saviour the first part of the week, and makes a covenant with the world's religions, to bring about paradise on earth together with them.

27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; But in the middle of the week He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering. (Dan 9:27 NKJ)

All the world's religions agree to follow  him, they are called here "Mystery Babylon" or "Babylon the Great" because similar world wide rebellion first appeared in ancient Babylon (Gen 11:9), This is what is meant by "Babylon is fallen, is fallen, and has become a dwelling place of demons." All the  worlds religions forsake their former beliefs, and practice spiritism, behaving as contactees in communion with demons.

Then the True God takes vengeance, putting it into the heart of world's rulers to destroy the now obsolete religions:

16 "And the ten horns which you saw on the beast, these will hate the harlot, make her desolate and naked, eat her flesh and burn her with fire.
 17 "For God has put it into their hearts to fulfill His purpose, to be of one mind, and to give their kingdom to the beast, until the words of God are fulfilled. (Rev 17:16-17 NKJ)

All are ordered to accept the Mark of the beast. Hence the wilderness of Babylon no longer shields the Daughter of Zion, the Elect of God from harm (Re 12:1-6) so she is ordered to come out:

16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,
 17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. (Rev 13:16-17 NKJ)

4 And I heard another voice from heaven saying, "Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues.
 5 "For her sins have reached to heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities.
 (Rev 18:4-5 NKJ)

For a time it is granted the power of God's people be smashed to bits, but then the end shall come:

7 Then I heard the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand to heaven, and swore by Him who lives forever, that it shall be for a time, times, and half a time; and when the power of the holy people has been completely shattered, all these things shall be finished. (Dan 12:7 NKJ)

11 "And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."
 12 Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.
 13 Then I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, "Write:`Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.'" "Yes," says the Spirit, "that they may rest from their labors, and their works follow them."
 14 Then I looked, and behold, a white cloud, and on the cloud sat One like the Son of Man, having on His head a golden crown, and in His hand a sharp sickle.
 15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to Him who sat on the cloud, "Thrust in Your sickle and reap, for the time has come for You to reap, for the harvest of the earth is ripe."
 16 So He who sat on the cloud thrust in His sickle on the earth, and the earth was reaped.
 (Rev 14:11-16 NKJ)

These raptured meet their LORD in the air lest they become collateral damage, and the dead in Christ rise up just before them:

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.
 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.
 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.
 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.
 (1Th 4:15-18 NKJ)

51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed--
 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. (1Co 15:51-52 NKJ)

24 "But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light;
 25 "the stars of heaven will fall, and the powers in the heavens will be shaken.
 26 "Then they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
 27 "And then He will send His angels, and gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest part of earth to the farthest part of heaven. (Mar 13:24-27 NKJ)

This is that first resurrection, they will reign with Christ during His thousand-year kingdom on earth:

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.
 5 But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
 6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years. (Rev 20:4-6 NKJ)

BUT BEFORE this, the end of the week shall come:

17 Then another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.
 18 And another angel came out from the altar, who had power over fire, and he cried with a loud cry to him who had the sharp sickle, saying, "Thrust in your sharp sickle and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth, for her grapes are fully ripe."
 19 So the angel thrust his sickle into the earth and gathered the vine of the earth, and threw it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.
 20 And the winepress was trampled outside the city, and blood came out of the winepress, up to the horses' bridles, for one thousand six hundred furlongs.  (Rev 14:17-1 NKJ)

Billions survive the coming of Christ, and these are tested during the thousand year reign. Age and disease will be gone, but any who begin sinning, even if he looks like a child, will die:

20 "No more shall an infant from there live but a few days, Nor an old man who has not fulfilled his days; For the child shall die one hundred years old, But the sinner being one hundred years old shall be accursed.
 21 They shall build houses and inhabit them; They shall plant vineyards and eat their fruit.
 22 They shall not build and another inhabit; They shall not plant and another eat; For as the days of a tree, so shall be the days of My people, And My elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
 23 They shall not labor in vain, Nor bring forth children for trouble; For they shall be the descendants of the blessed of the LORD, And their offspring with them.
 24 "It shall come to pass That before they call, I will answer; And while they are still speaking, I will hear.
 25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, The lion shall eat straw like the ox, And dust shall be the serpent's food. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain," Says the LORD. (Isa 65:20-25 NKJ)

At the end of the thousand years there will be many yet unsaved, Satan will  once again lead them in rebellion against God. After this is crushed, Judgment Day for all will occur, and any not found in the Lamb's book of life, suffer the death from which there is no resurrection.

7 Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison
 8 and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea.
 9 They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them.
 10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
 11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them.
 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.
 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works.
 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

(Rev 20:7-1 NKJ)

Then New Jerusalem descends---God's dwells with man on earth:

2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God.
 4 "And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."
 5 Then He who sat on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." And He said to me, "Write, for these words are true and faithful." (Rev 21:2-5 NKJ)

God willing, I hope to expound these things fully at my own site, address yet unknown, its domain name will be:

strong-delusion.com

Please share this with others.

20 He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming quickly." Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!
 21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen. (Rev 22:20-21 NKJ)

Until I set up my site you can find more on angels and their Telios in contrast to our MEROS, here:

http://forums.carm.org/vbb/showthread.php?35156-The-wings-of-the-Great-Eagle-Rev-12-14-is-power-from-the-kingdoms-of-Babylon

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. (Rom 1:18-19 NKJ)
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 04:26:50 PM »

You just made my head explode!

« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 04:27:12 PM by Asteriktos » Logged
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 04:29:05 PM »

So there is more than just one flying spaghetti monster?

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 05:10:59 PM »

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 05:35:18 PM »

Alfred, does the Bible ever explicitly identify as the "strong delusion" the belief that extraterrestrial designers are our gods? If not, then what is the source of your teaching? And why do you call yourself a sola scripturist if you're adding such unbiblical doctrines to the word of Scripture?
NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Nepsis or Sepsis™

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 05:52:01 PM »

Didn't Seraphim Rose have a similar idea?

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 05:58:50 PM »

You mean Fr. Seraphim Rose?
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 06:00:17 PM »

Didn't Fr. Seraphim Rose have a similar idea?

That's interesting, would like to know more one that.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 06:23:32 PM »

In his work, Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future, he covered the recent interest in extraterrestrial life in rather great detail.
bogdan
OC.net guru

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 06:42:00 PM »

From what I can ascertain from the book, he believed that UFOs were demonic illusions/delusions meant to distract and ultimately wrap a person's whole life up in that kind of thing as an obsession. Basically like Richard Dreyfuss' character in "Close Encounters of the Third Kind." In the end, alien culture/UFOlogy would basically fill their religious needs (if that makes sense).

The same could probably be said for things like Bigfoot: the demons inventing things to lure people away from any pursuit of God. (Although I guess they don't need to go as far with everyone; most people are lured away from God by far less fantastic things.)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 06:43:36 PM by bogdan » Logged
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 08:23:05 PM »

That's fascinating, I see the point Fr. Rose is making, and I agree. What's that Chesterton quote "If you don't believe in God, you'll believe in anything"

– St. Ambrose of Milan
NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

Nepsis or Sepsis™

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 08:47:32 PM »

Sorry, yes, Fr. Seraphim Rose.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 08:48:12 PM by NicholasMyra » Logged

if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.
Robert W
Self-appointed forum herald
Elder

Jurisdiction: Finland

Love is no feeling

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2011, 09:22:00 PM »

"You ask why we must cleanse the xenos. I will tell you.
The filth of the alien and the witch must be exterminated to preserve the purity of the Human race,
lest we degenerate into abomination."

+++ Witch Hunter Tyrus at the Conclave of Vera +++

Inquisitor Tyrus

Text and image copyright of Games Workshop Limited (www.games-workshop.com)

Sorry, I just couldn't resist posting this. Bonus points to the nerd that understands the joke.  Cheesy
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2011, 10:43:18 PM »

The filth of the alien and the witch must be exterminated to preserve the purity of the Human race,

Inquisitor Tyrus

Sorry, I just couldn't resist posting this. Bonus points to the nerd that understands the joke.  Cheesy

Is this a joke about Scientology?

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Marc1152
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2011, 10:52:18 PM »

I'm so confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFx7xNPP8bQ

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
PoorFoolNicholas
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Theologoumenon

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2011, 10:56:25 PM »

It must be stressed that the UFO hypothesis of Fr. Seraphim, in no way resembles the ideas espoused in the article posted by Alfred. Read the book PtA suggested for more info.
tuesdayschild
High Elder

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2011, 11:36:40 PM »

God willing, I hope to expound these things fully at my own site, address yet unknown, its domain name will be:

strong-delusion.com

Lips Sealed
theistgal
Byzantine (Ruthenian) Catholic gadfly
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Follower of Jesus Christ
Jurisdiction: Byzantine Catholic

don't even go there!

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2011, 12:09:40 AM »

Alfred, are you OK? Sad

"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)
Alfred Persson
Moderated
OC.net guru

Primitive Orthodox

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2011, 02:52:42 AM »

He will ride like God upon the wing of an abomination, a Satanically energized craft desolating all who would oppose him (Da 9:27) by fire from heaven (Re 13:13), and men will say "who can make war against him" (Re 13:4).

Add under this:

27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; But in the middle of the week He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate, Even until the consummation, which is determined, Is poured out on the desolate." (Dan 9:27 NKJ) (see Keil, C. F., & Delitzsch, F. (2002). Commentary on the Old Testament. (Da 9:27). Peabody, MA: Hendrickson. 

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. (Rom 1:18-19 NKJ)
Alfred Persson
Moderated
OC.net guru

Primitive Orthodox

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2011, 02:52:42 AM »

Everyone willfully ignorant about angels, that they use technology (Ezek c.1), will be blindsided when God alllows fallen angels (Nephilim) to consort with man again. They will pretend to be extra terrestrials, and they will be as real as we are. THAT will devastate all not knowing the Bible, that fallen angels CAN act like ufo aliens, convincingly. The Great Falling Away is religious people casting off their respective religions...believing them obsolete now that the "extra terrestrial scientists" have landed, who prove by citing not only the Bible, but all the other "holy Books" in the world, that they have been here repeatedly, before.

It will devastate all not prepared for this.

Christ however, did warn us in both the OT and NT, if you will accept it.

Alfred Persson
Moderated
OC.net guru

Primitive Orthodox

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2011, 08:52:33 AM »

Alfred, are you OK? Sad

Sure...but its impossible to conduct conversation this way...after posting I always want to make changes...but the post vanishes into moderation...I was hoping that ended by now.

I trust all is well with you.

I've redone the opening paragraphs:

The Strong Delusion is extraterrestrial Designers seeded our belief in God

And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness. (2Th 2:11-12 NKJ)

What precisely will the strong delusion lie propose? That Extraterrestrial scientists intelligently designed life on this planet and seeded belief in God. They will cite the explosion of life in the Cambrian fossils as their doing. Ancient history and holy books which record their visitations and technology are cited to "prove" they gave us God and belief in the human soul. Archaeological sites like Puma Punku seem to confirm past visitations. Added to this a verifiable UFO landing and universal "contactee phenomena" breaking out among even the most skeptical and you have the makings of a Great Falling Away from belief in God.

The extraterrestrial argument is a false dilemma, Although God's angels use technology ( "The Spaceships of the Prophet Ezekiel",J.F. Blumrich),  it does not follow their message was not from God precisely as the Bible says it is.

For more on angels, their technology and the nature of reality itself, their Teleios and our Meros:

http://forums.carm.org/vbb/showthread.php?35156-The-wings-of-the-Great-Eagle-Rev-12-14-is-power-from-the-kingdoms-of-Babylon&p=1168031#poststop
http://forums.carm.org/vbb/showthread.php?35156-The-wings-of-the-Great-Eagle-Rev-12-14-is-power-from-the-kingdoms-of-Babylon&p=1149451#poststop

http://forums.carm.org/vbb/showthread.php?35156-The-wings-of-the-Great-Eagle-Rev-12-14-is-power-from-the-kingdoms-of-Babylon&p=1169646#poststop

The following summarizes the rapid fire events that will rapidly come to pass once the final eschatological week has begun.

A worldwide falling away from traditional beliefs in Deity must come first, so the "man of sin" can rise up in the Temple of God, which is the Church.

Jetavan
Argumentum ad australopithecum
Taxiarches

Faith: Science to the Fourth Power
Jurisdiction: Ohayo Gozaimasu

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2011, 11:14:13 AM »

I miss dattaswami.

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2011, 11:38:36 AM »

I miss dattaswami.

I think he takes the weekends off. You know, sort of a "and He rested on the 7th day" type of thing. But the population is significantly larger now, so he needs an extra day of rest.
Robert W
Elder

Love is no feeling

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2011, 02:47:21 PM »

Inquisitor Tyrus

Is this a joke about Scientology?
Sorry no bonus points today. Inquisitor Tyrus is a fictive person from the background stories to the Warhammer 40.000 tabletop game (and the spinoff computer, roleplaying, and board games).

What Alfred is posting is not completely insane though. I would imagine that contact with technologically advanced extraterrestrials would lead to a general drop in religious adherence worldwide. I think it would be damaging to the Church. However, claiming that aliens actually will make contact for certain, and that this is prophesied in holy scripture, is where the posts start to sound insane.
PoorFoolNicholas
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2011, 06:29:54 PM »

What Alfred is posting is not completely insane though. I would imagine that contact with technologically advanced extraterrestrials would lead to a general drop in religious adherence worldwide. I think it would be damaging to the Church. However, claiming that aliens actually will make contact for certain, and that this is prophesied in holy scripture, is where the posts start to sound insane.
I would agree. When we state that we know for sure that this will happen in this fashion, we are simply mistaken. I do agree that much of the UFO phenomenon is probably demonic. I have heard, and personally believe it as well, that in the end of days the Nephilim will return. Are there any patristic quotes about the Return of the Nephilim? Christ said that as were the days of Noah, so also will it be in the end.
Robert W
Elder

Love is no feeling

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2011, 07:51:11 PM »

Come to think of it... how would the aliens fool the believers that hold to "We believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible."

I can imagine the exchange of messages:

<Klaatu> We come in peace! p.s. also, we made you.
<Bob> Cool. Who made you then?
<Klaatu> uhm... chance?
<Barada> No, we are intelligently designed.
<Nikto> No way, there is no proof of the existence of an intelligent designer.
<Bob> This discussion sounds familiar somehow.

I'm not sure the Aliens would bring much new stuff to the discussion, even if it were true that they had made us.

Also, bonus points for the nerd that can name the movie I so subtly referenced.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2011, 08:00:52 PM »

Come to think of it... how would the aliens fool the believers that hold to "We believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible."

I can imagine the exchange of messages:

<Klaatu> We come in peace! p.s. also, we made you.
<Bob> Cool. Who made you then?
<Klaatu> uhm... chance?
<Barada> No, we are intelligently designed.
<Nikto> No way, there is no proof of the existence of an intelligent designer.
<Bob> This discussion sounds familiar somehow.

I'm not sure the Aliens would bring much new stuff to the discussion, even if it were true that they had made us.

Also, bonus points for the nerd that can name the movie I so subtly referenced.
The Day the Earth Stood Still
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 08:05:05 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Robert W
Elder

Love is no feeling

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2011, 08:08:04 PM »

Correct!  Grin Grin

The Day the Earth Stood Still (from 1951)

« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 08:11:18 PM by Robert W » Logged
FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2011, 08:15:58 PM »

Correct!  Grin Grin

Army of Darkness!  I know that this movie references aforementioned movie, but the presence of Bruce Campbell in all his Sam Raimi directed awesomeness renders the former movie as obsolete as a librarian!

PS This topic of this thread sounds suspiciously close to a "Christian fiction" book (oh, wow, just checked Amazon to make sure the title was correct and it has become a series!) Nephilim that was published in the X-Files heyday.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 08:16:18 PM by FormerReformer » Logged

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
Robert W
Elder

Love is no feeling

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2011, 08:30:16 PM »

Army of Darkness!  I know that this movie references aforementioned movie, but the presence of Bruce Campbell in all his Sam Raimi directed awesomeness renders the former movie as obsolete as a librarian!
  Angry No.

Grin Army of Darkness just disappears in a great sea of good movies that makes reference to The Day the Earth Stood Still. Klaatu barada nikto is like a great meme from 1951 that is still copy-pasted today. Copy-pasting will never beat original content.
FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2011, 11:54:18 PM »

Angry No.

Grin Army of Darkness just disappears in a great sea of good movies that makes reference to The Day the Earth Stood Still. Klaatu barada nikto is like a great meme from 1951 that is still copy-pasted today. Copy-pasting will never beat original content.

Well, yeah, but you gotta admit I one-upped the nerd quotient with a stealth Twilight Zone reference.

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
Robert W
Elder

Love is no feeling

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2011, 06:53:57 AM »

Well, yeah, but you gotta admit I one-upped the nerd quotient with a stealth Twilight Zone reference.
  Grin I'm getting out-nerded.
Alfred Persson
Moderated
OC.net guru

Primitive Orthodox

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2011, 09:12:01 AM »

Its clear some of you misunderstand my point, so I've revised the opening paragraph to be more clear:

The argument for extraterrestrials is a false dilemma, Although God's angels use technology ( "The Spaceships of the Prophet Ezekiel",J.F. Blumrich),  it does not follow their message was not from God precisely as the Bible says it is, BECAUSE Scripture reveals they use technology, it was we who failed to interpret the data correctly.

The fundamental premise of the big lie is extraterrestrial aliens exist apart from God---They do not.

bogdan
OC.net guru

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2011, 10:00:53 AM »

So you're saying that, while Christians tend to view aliens as godless or destroyers of Christianity, they could be messengers from God?

I admit it's an intriguing idea, but I don't know why that would be necessary since God already has angels. But I suppose to some Christians UFOs and aliens are more realistic than angels.

Maybe we can get Monastery Icons to sell icons of E.T. (the saintliest alien), just incase. Tongue
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2011, 10:57:31 AM »

Its clear some of you misunderstand my point, so I've revised the opening paragraph to be more clear:

The argument for extraterrestrials is a false dilemma, Although God's angels use technology ( "The Spaceships of the Prophet Ezekiel",J.F. Blumrich),  it does not follow their message was not from God precisely as the Bible says it is, BECAUSE Scripture reveals they use technology, it was we who failed to interpret the data correctly.

The fundamental premise of the big lie is extraterrestrial aliens exist apart from God---They do not.

Are you quoting Blumrich's interpretation of Scripture and calling it authoritative?
theistgal
Byzantine (Ruthenian) Catholic gadfly
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Follower of Jesus Christ
Jurisdiction: Byzantine Catholic

don't even go there!

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2011, 12:04:50 PM »

Isn't it also possible that God created life throughout the universe, and extraterrestrial aliens are just fellow sinners?

"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)
PoorFoolNicholas
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2011, 12:12:06 PM »

I would agree. When we state that we know for sure that this will happen in this fashion, we are simply mistaken. I do agree that much of the UFO phenomenon is probably demonic. I have heard, and personally believe it as well, that in the end of days the Nephilim will return. Are there any patristic quotes about the Return of the Nephilim? Christ said that as were the days of Noah, so also will it be in the end.
Hello?
NorthernPines
High Elder

Jurisdiction: GOA

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2011, 01:16:14 PM »

Hallowed are the Ori!!!
NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

Nepsis or Sepsis™

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2011, 04:11:48 PM »

Hallowed are the Ori!!!
Wait, doesn't Ba'al get a say in all this business?

After all, he's mentioned in the Bible.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 04:12:05 PM by NicholasMyra » Logged

orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2011, 07:18:10 PM »

You mean Fr. Seraphim Rose?

You mean Fr. Seraphim of Platina?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 07:19:58 PM by orthonorm » Logged

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2011, 07:19:18 PM »

Hallowed are the Ori!!!
Wait, doesn't Ba'al get a say in all this business?

After all, he's mentioned in the Bible.

There is a special place in hell for all of us who actually sat through all 10 seasons.

Lord have mercy!

Robert W
Elder

Love is no feeling

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2011, 07:54:02 PM »

Grin The nicene creed already addresses this; God the father is the creator of all that is visible and invisible. It does not matter if the hypothetical aliens are angels, fallen angels or mortal beings, they still have the same origin as the rest of the universe.

When it comes to matters of religion I think it is wiser to study scripture in order to understand the past rather than to predict the future. The mysteries of the Christian religion is not contained in predictions of what will happen in the future. The incarnation and the resurrection are the true mysteries of our religion.
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2011, 08:00:19 PM »

Alfred, are you OK? Sad

Surely this rhetorical?

PoorFoolNicholas
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2011, 08:13:16 PM »

Hello?
Ok, something witty/nerdy...lol/lmao/rofl/ laugh Grin Wink Smiley Tongue Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Now, does anyone know of any patristic quotes that deal with the Nephilim returning?
Alfred Persson
Moderated
OC.net guru

Primitive Orthodox

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2011, 01:08:26 AM »

Isn't it also possible that God created life throughout the universe, and extraterrestrial aliens are just fellow sinners?

There are no extra terrestrial aliens, there are only angels, fallen and unfallen, and both use technology.

These fallen angels land on earth as ufo aliens, claiming they seeded God and belief in a human soul.

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
 8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
 9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
 (Rev 12:7-9 KJV)

The falling away comes first so that the Antichrist can rise, and he won't be representing former religions, such as Christianity, he is the  Christ of a new god, a god of forces, a new god unknown to mankind, and he will claim its power makes him God:

3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,
4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. (2Th 2:3-4 NKJ)

36 And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.
37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.
38 But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.
39 Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain. (Dan 11:36-39 KJV)

This is where alien ufos back the new world religion with their technology, they are the "god of forces".

At the beginning of the final eschatological week, there is war in heaven and Satan and crew are cast out. Then the Antichrist rises and for the first part of the week he makes a covenant with all the religions of the world, Babylon the Great, who agree to follow him because he is doing miracles, and apparently the alien ufos are with him.

That is when Babylon falls into total apostasy from God, to profess faith in the Antichrist as God, and they all become "contactees," having familiar spirits, communing with demons, the false prophets of the antichrist spirits

KJV 1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; (1Ti 4:1 KJV)

KJV 1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. (1Jo 4:1 KJV)

It is because Babylon has fallen and become the house of demons:

2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. (Rev 18:2 KJV)

So the great delusion is the message the "god of forces" will bring with him, when Satan's stars (fallen angels) are cast out of heaven, and land on earth---as ufo aliens claiming to be a race of scientists who seeded life on earth and gave it its belief in God and the human soul.

THAT is the falling away that affects Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism etc...they all see the aliens, and believe the earths religions are all obsolete...all sacrifice and offering to God ceases...the entire earth promises to follow the new gods whom their fathers did not know, the god of forces...the ufo aliens and their representative, the Antichrist, a human/angel hybrid possessed by the Devil.

They seek to change "times and laws", everything:

25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time. (Dan 7:25 KJV)

But then the True God, jealous for His Name, will take them down:

26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.
 27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him. (Dan 7:26-27 KJV)

Tags: Alfred's back! Stargate 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: