OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 19, 2014, 03:33:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Is the True Church? Game.  (Read 29984 times) Average Rating: 0
podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #585 on: April 12, 2011, 11:05:35 AM »

Speaking of cool hats, here's an example of Skolt Sami headgear.

The Skolt Samis are of course Eastern Orthodox. That's why we are the True Church.

Awesome, I learned something today. Thanks to you and Google!
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #586 on: April 12, 2011, 01:14:57 PM »

I realize the game is over but...

We have Viking bodyguards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varangians

What's in your wallet?

Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
stanley123
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Roman Catholic

« Reply #587 on: April 13, 2011, 09:39:24 PM »

We have Boutros Boutros Ghali:
Certainly, Boutros Boutros Ghali is a great and honorable man. Congratulations on having him as a member of your Church!
Alcuin

« Reply #588 on: May 19, 2011, 11:04:01 AM »

"For where two or three come together in My Name, there I am with them." (Matthew 18:20)
Malina

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Russian Patriarchate

« Reply #589 on: June 01, 2011, 03:49:22 AM »

The only one Church is True, which had been established by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Among all denomination we of course are Orthodox Christian. Anyway we don’t have to accuse other denomination but try to explain our point of you to everyone tolerantly.
The most value argument against Protestants is the following. They think that their past, present, and even future sins had been forgiven already. And also they approve confession among other people. Because of that they contradict their words.
 But sometimes I think that we have to learn from them resoluteness to exclude sin and try to live holily.
Severian
God save Egypt, Syria, Lebanon & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Miaphysite Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: The Church of Alexandria

Saint Severus of Antioch - the Eloquent Mouth

Partisangirl
« Reply #590 on: July 12, 2011, 10:30:30 PM »

I know this game is long dead, but, my Church is OO and we have produced some of the greatest Saints in Christian history.

St Pantaenus, founder of the School of Alexandria
[image not available]

St Clement of Alexandria, Dean of the School of Alexandria

St Pachomius, founder of communal monastic life

St Paul, the first hermit

St Anthony the Great, the First Monk

St Alexander, Pope of Alexandria, Destroyer of Arianism

St Athanasius, Pope of Alexandria, Destroyer of Arianism, Author of the Nicene Creed

St Timothy I, Pope of Alexandria, Destroyer of Macedonianism
[Image not available]

St Cyril, Pope of Alexandria, Destroyer of Nestorianism

Even after the Chalcedonian split, we still produced awesome Saints

St Dioscorus

St Timothy Aelurus
[Image not available]

St Simon the Shoemaker

St Pope Kyrillos (Cyril) VI

The list just goes on and on and on... Man, I love my Church!

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -Jesus Christ

I am currently not an active poster on the forum. Please forgive any offense I might have caused in the past. Thank you.
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #591 on: July 12, 2011, 10:52:28 PM »

Yeah, but the clincher is the elephants.   Smiley

Severian
Protokentarchos

Partisangirl
« Reply #592 on: July 12, 2011, 11:02:53 PM »

Yeah, but the clincher is the elephants.   Smiley
I would say it's the food, particularly...

FALAFEL SANDWICHES!!!*

*Associated with Coptic Orthodoxy
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 11:26:08 PM by Severian » Logged

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -Jesus Christ

I am currently not an active poster on the forum. Please forgive any offense I might have caused in the past. Thank you.
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #593 on: July 13, 2011, 12:28:17 AM »

You can't claim that the pre-schism Copts were OO just because the main body of the Copts became OO afterward. That's one of the main failings I have seen in OO arguments here is referring to pre-schism figures of the current OO peoples and assuming that it is right to retroactively referring to them as OO without proving that they in fact were.

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
Severian
Protokentarchos

Partisangirl
« Reply #594 on: July 13, 2011, 12:32:52 AM »

You can't claim that the pre-schism Copts were OO just because the main body of the Copts became OO afterward. That's one of the main failings I have seen in OO arguments here is referring to pre-schism figures of the current OO peoples and assuming that it is right to retroactively referring to them as OO without proving that they in fact were.
Oh come on, lighten up! Don't over-think this stuff. I guess you technically have a point, but, you cannot deny that the Church of Alexandria produced these Saints and the Church of Alexandria's modern descendent is the Coptic Orthodox Church. Unless of course you think the Greek Church of Alexandria is her modern descendent, but, the instalment of Alexandrian Greek Church was mostly nothing more than an attempt to give Chalcedonianism a foothold in Egypt (no offence to Alexandrian EOs).
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 12:50:42 AM by Severian » Logged

WetCatechumen
Roman Catholic
Elder

Faith: Catholic Christianity
Jurisdiction: Latin Rite - Archdiocese of Santa Fe; Ruthenian Byzantine Catholic Eparchy of Phoenix

« Reply #595 on: July 17, 2011, 01:15:22 AM »

The true church is the independent reformed full gospel bible baptist churches.

Sadly, all other churches have gone apostate and embraced works based religions because of Romanism.

No church can answer to any higher authority than the word of God! All translations of the bible except the king james are awful and cannot be used. They intentionally distort the word of God in order to promote their works based religions.

They are simply lies of satan.

Repent and be baptized! (even though it isn't necessary for salvation).

Only as an adult, and by full immersion. But it doesn't save you. But if you come from one of those apostate churches we need to rebaptize you.

Unfortunately, the true church has been persecuted so much by islam and secularism and muslims and romanists and papists and false reformers like John Calvin or Martin Luther (thought they did much good) that it only exists in the rural southern united states.

"And because they have nothing better to do, they take cushion and chairs to Rome. And while the Pope is saying liturgy, they go, 'Oh, oh, oh, filioque!' And the Pope say, 'Filioque? That-uh sound nice! I think I divide-uh the Church over it!'" - Comrade Real Presence
Severian
Protokentarchos

Partisangirl
« Reply #596 on: July 17, 2011, 01:18:26 AM »

Sadly, all other churches have gone apostate and embraced works based religions because of Romanism.

No church can answer to any higher authority than the word of God! All translations of the bible except the king james are awful and cannot be used. They intentionally distort the word of God in order to promote their works based religions.

They are simply lies of satan.

Repent and be baptized! (even though it isn't necessary for salvation).

Only as an adult, and by full immersion. But it doesn't save you. But if you come from one of those apostate churches we need to rebaptize you.

Unfortunately, the true church has been persecuted so much by islam and secularism and muslims and romanists and papists and false reformers like John Calvin or Martin Luther (thought they did much good) that it only exists in the rural southern united states.
*laughs*

Wait, can we get in trouble on the public forum for posting stuff like this? I'm so used to the shield we have in the private forum that when we go back to the public forum I am frightened to post anything even remotely controversial.

Sorry if I've disobeyed the rules  Sad
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 01:24:19 AM by Severian » Logged

Wyatt
Archon

« Reply #597 on: July 17, 2011, 03:07:57 AM »

Oh? And why not? I'm sure the EO consider the pre-schism saints to be EO since they consider the EOC to be the True Church. Likewise I would consider them RCs for the same reason.
stanley123
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Roman Catholic

« Reply #598 on: July 17, 2011, 03:45:16 AM »

Some people are joking, and this is supposed to be a game, but it is a pretty serious question as to which Church is the true Church.
I thought that the true Church would be and is the Church which has the four marks, proving it to be the true Church. That is the true Church is the ONE, HOLY, CATHOLIC, and APOSTOLIC Church. So, which Church is it that has these four marks. I would say that both the Eastern Orthodox and the Roman Catholic Churches are HOLY, CATHOLIC and APOSTOLIC. Where I have a problem is with the question of ONE or one belief. It can be argued that both the RC and the EO have problems with regard to whether or not there is ONEness in what they profess. For example, in the RC communion, there are those who say the Nicene creed with the filioque and there are those who say it without the filioque. And also in the RC communion there are those who hold views pretty close to those held in the Orthodox Church with reference to Purgatory, for example. Some believe in capital punishment, others do not. Some believe in limbo, others do not. Some RC believe that the unitive and the procreative aspects of marriage are on an equal par, whereas others see the procreative as primary and the unitive as secondary. Also some RC say that the Blood was shed for many, whereas others say no, the Blood was shed for all.
And for the EO Church, there appears to be different teachings with reference to the questions of the calendar, whether women are required to wear headcovering in Church, toll houses, and the ecumenical questions concerning relations with other Churches, in particular the RC Church. One priest might advise a couple that they are allowed to use artificial birth control, whereas another would say no.   
 So is it true, that both the RC and the EO have to stretch a bit in order to qualify as holding ONE belief?
CoptoGeek
of Alexandria, the Christ-loving City
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church

« Reply #599 on: July 18, 2011, 01:25:40 PM »

If the King James Bible was good enough for our Lord, its good enough for me!  Cheesy

"Be oppressed, rather than the oppressor. Be gentle, rather than zealous. Lay hold of goodness, rather than justice." -St. Isaac of Nineveh

“I returned to the Coptic Orthodox Church with affection, finding in her our tormented and broken history“. -Salama Moussa
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #600 on: July 18, 2011, 11:30:54 PM »

The most value argument against Protestants is the following. They think that their past, present, and even future sins had been forgiven already.
Not all Protestants believe "once saved, always saved".
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: