OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 16, 2014, 03:15:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Catholic and Orthodox Unity: Close Enough to Imagine  (Read 2828 times) Average Rating: 0
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2011, 09:40:55 PM »

And judging by your signature, to you, that would merely be a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Sure. But I think it is relevant that the Patriarch's perspective not be distorted. Taking his friendliness as an indication that he recognizes your ordinances as legitimate Sacraments is not a logical way of thinking.

There is quite a bit to criticize in our communion. Please criticize. I want those things fixed so much more than you.

I am sure you do. But I wouldn't be surprised if you underestimate how much I care about your church. Most people seem to.

But coming from you, deusveritasest, it just sounds obnoxious, especially with the attitude you display in your signature.

Obnoxious? Why is it obnoxious for me to clarify the Patriarch's opinion and not allow it to be confused by typical ecumenist, wishful white-washing?

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
Paisius
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Multi-Jurisdictional

Reframed

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2011, 11:46:15 PM »

I have a feeling that that is the Patriarchal Cathedral of Saint George in Istanbul Constantinople.

Your feeling is correct.

"Is it really true that political self-interest is nobler somehow than economic self-interest?" - Milton Friedman
Punch
Protokentarchos

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica Metropolitanate

« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2011, 11:50:27 PM »

Oh, I would like to think we are close, but this forum convinces me more and more each day, that we are not close.

Well, at least we have enlightened someone to that truth.

God did not create man equal.  Samuel Colt made man equal.  Blessed be the Peacemaker.
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2011, 11:51:38 PM »

Oh, I would like to think we are close, but this forum convinces me more and more each day, that we are not close.

Well, at least we have enlightened someone to that truth.

Cool

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
lubeltri
Latin Catholic layman
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Boston

« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2011, 12:00:46 AM »

I am pretty sure that if you sat Patriarch Bartholomew I down and really talked about Baptism and grace in Sacraments you actually would get the concurring answer that your "Sacraments" are graceless.

Perhaps he would think yours are graceless too.

As for ours, the EP certainly doesn't mind participating in pretend enactments of sacraments and taking part in joint liturgical actions with unbaptized heretics. Could he possibly believe that "His Beatitude the Bishop of Rome" (as His All Holiness calls him) is a baptized brother in Christ? It certainly seems so.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: