Author Topic: St. Petroc Mission spreads to Europe  (Read 627 times)

Offline SubdeaconDavid

• "...the spread of the light of Orthodoxy among the peoples of all the lands where our Church exists continues as an inseparable part of our mission": Metropolitan Hilarion, First Hierarch of ROCOR
  • High Elder
  • Помилуй мя Боже, по велицей милости Твоей
    • Russian Orthodox Tasmania
St. Petroc Mission spreads to Europe
« on: January 19, 2011, 05:54:38 AM »
The St. Petroc Monastery's British blogsite's Hieromonk Michael (Mansbridge-Wood) has announced a Western-rite mission in the Netherlands:

January 18th 2011.  The Missionary Organisation now has the first Priest in place ready to open the first Western Rite mission on mainland Europe this year.  Saint Swithbert Mission in Holland already has a private chapel, and is looking for more public premises.  Western Rite services have previously been held in Belgium, but no permanent mission was possible at the time.  Western Rite services have been held under the Moscow Patriarchate as well.
http://forwardinorthodoxfaith.blogspot.com/
Visit my blog@  http://orthodoxtasmania.blogspot.com

To the Russians abroad it has been granted to shine in the whole world  the light of Orthodoxy, so that other peoples, seeing their good deeds, might glorify our Father in Heaven, and thus obtain salvation
S John of Shanghai & San Francisco

Offline Irish Hermit

• Kibernetski Kaludjer
  • Merarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us
Re: St. Petroc Mission spreads to Europe
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 07:14:59 AM »
Does anybody know what Liturgy is being offered to the Western Europeans?  It doesn't make sense to offer them the revised Anglican BCP?

Offline Alpo

• Taxiarches
  • My borcht recipe is better than your borcht recipe
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 10:10:32 AM »
Many years! Now spread it just a little bit Northward... :angel:

Offline FrMichael

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 01:50:13 PM »
How far north would you like?  Contact me on frmichaelnw5@gmail.com and talk to me.

Fr. Michael