Author Topic: December 2010 Post of the Month!  (Read 921 times)

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
December 2010 Post of the Month!
« on: January 16, 2011, 08:59:33 AM »
(Dateline: OC.net Palace/Brewpub/Bowling Alley)  The Admins walk out to the balcony.  They pronounce the following:

"Our post-of-the-month winner for December 2010 is Jnorm888 for the following gem:

Sorry i should have put a source, I thought it was an interesting article.

The Orthodoxy Way is not to speculate. It's to experience. You don't know something by siting around and thinking about it. You know something by experiencing it.

Alot of Christians over the centuries lived and died by the Sermon on the mount. In fact, I wouldn't be allowed to vote if it wasn't for the influence of the sermon on the mount. The nation of India wouldn't be free from Colonialism if it wasn't for the Sermon on the Mount!

South Africa would of never of been able to move forward after apartheid if it wasn't for the Sermon on the Mount.

The Amish who lost their children some years ago from that shooting would of never of been able to forgive the one who killed their kids if it wasn't for the sermon on the mount.

The Sermon on the Mount breaks the chains, it stops the cycle of retaliation. The sermon on the mount helps mankind know reconciliation.

And so there are alot of things to be grateful and thankful for when it comes to the issue of the sermon on the mount!

The Sermon on the Mount is a blessing my friend! But with atheists you can't win! They will be critical if we were warlords like Islam, and they will be critical if we turned the other cheek. It's a catch 22. And it always will be with them.
"

Then they hear the familiar response of the crowd, AXIOS!  AXIOS!  AXIOS

They then realize that they had stepped out on the wrong balcony; thankfully, the people standing outside the correct balcony had seen the entire presentation, which had been broadcast via big-screen from the security camera feed.
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"
Met. Meletios of Nikopolis & Preveza, from his ordination.

Offline mike

• Stratopedarches
Re: December 2010 Post of the Month!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 09:01:57 AM »
Worthy!
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

not everything I typed before [insert current date] may reflect my current views on the subject

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of New Jersey
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 10:54:23 PM »
Worthy!

Offline Ortho_cat

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 12:53:29 AM »
AXIOS!  AXIOS!  AXIOS!

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Hoplitarches
  • Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 10:23:55 AM »
Axios!  No better sermon than the sermon of the mount!
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline quietmorning

• Archon
  • St. Photini please pray for us!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 10:35:55 AM »
WORTHY!!
In His Mercy,
BethAnna

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • "Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 03:58:32 AM »
A very worthy post of the month, from one of the most humble and knowledgeable posters on this forum!

Thank you JNORM for these wise and edifying comments!!!

Selam
""Love is a dangerous thing. It will crush you if you trust it. But without it you can never be whole. Love crucifies, but love saves. We will either be saved together with love, or damned alone without it."    Selam, +GMK+