OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 21, 2014, 02:17:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For a recently departed man, and for a grieving friend  (Read 390 times) Average Rating: 0
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« on: January 15, 2011, 10:33:41 AM »

A very good friend of mine, C., just wrote me that a friend of hers, S., died a few days ago.

C. is devastated, because it seems to her that almost no one in the world was closer to her than S. She is a scholar in humanities, a university prof, and a very lonely woman (divorced long time ago, never re-married, has a very ill son and almost no social life). She and S. met on an online Ukrainian forum in ~1997 and corresponded since then, writing to each other virtually every day. They never met in real life.

A perhaps extra sad part is that S. told many things to C. about himself, which now turned out to be not true. C. was under the impression that S. was about 50 years old (close to her own age), and single, while in fact he turned 70 last year, was married, and had children.

Hard to understand, just why do some folks create fake identities online. On the other hand, maybe S. meant well, serving to C. as a person close to her age and social status, I don't know. He just overlooked this simple basic fact that he may die one day and C. will learn about his real identity.

Anyway, please pray for his soul, and for my friend C. Thank you!

Love never fails.
quietmorning
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

St. Photini

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 11:28:05 AM »

Lord have mercy on C.

Isaiah 9:2  The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned.
(NIV)

May Your Light shine in C.'s heart and heal all darkness. 

Memory Eternal on C.s friend.

Lord have mercy on C's friend's wife and family.

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 01:50:45 PM »

Lord have Mercy.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 02:07:39 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 10:12:52 PM »

Prayers .....
Lord have Mercy....Amen Amen
Prayers For the Soul of the departed For Forgivness of sin ,in thoughts , deeds and words
,Lord Forgive and grant Him rest Among thy Blessed....May his Memory Be Eternal.....Amen Amen

Prayers for family and friends ,Lord grant  them Peace and Comfort in this time of sorrow ...Amen Amen

Prayers to the Most Holy Mother Of God for her Help......Amen Amen

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: