OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 18, 2014, 10:39:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Many Abuse Accusations Against Catholic Priests - False  (Read 772 times) Average Rating: 0
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« on: January 12, 2011, 12:22:28 AM »

Here is something really happy to start off the New Year... It also has a bearing on the Orthodox.  The trail of Archbishop Seraphim (Storheim) commenced on Monday in a Canadian court.

Fr Ambrose
By Dave Pierre | January 02, 2011 | 20:02

In a stunning ten-page declaration recently submitted to the Los Angeles
County Superior Court, veteran attorney Donald H. Steier stated that his
investigations into claims of sexual abuse by Catholic priests have
uncovered vast fraud and that his probes have revealed that many accusations
are completely false.

Read more:
http://www.newsbusters.org:80/blogs/dave-pierre/2011/01/02/wheres-media-la-atty-declares-many-abuse-accusations-against-catholic-p#ixzz1Amx64c98
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 12:28:30 AM »

If true... on the one hand, certainly I'm glad that not as many people were abused...  but to claim such a thing if it didn't happen... that's not something that should be joked about, let alone lied about for financial gain Angry
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 11:33:37 AM »

Yeah, I remember hearing about this a couple weeks ago. Basically, you've got too many gold-diggers who heard (I got money out of it) and went for it, not caring who they took down for their greed.

I'm going to need this.
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 11:44:52 AM »

There should be an addendum to the laws:  Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy millstone-prone neighbor, or else a millstone around thy neck will be better for you too, if not replacing their necks!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 11:45:13 AM by minasoliman » Logged

Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 11:45:54 AM »

There should be an addendum to the laws:  Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy millstone-prone neighbor, or else a millstone around thy neck will be better for you too, if not replacing their necks!

Not all accusations were against guilty men...

I'm going to need this.
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 12:03:12 PM »

I should word it differently.  More like, the millstone you present against them has to be put around somebody  Wink

Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 12:07:20 PM »

I should word it differently.  More like, the millstone you present against them has to be put around somebody  Wink

Oh, lol.  Cool

I'm going to need this.
podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 12:28:54 PM »

Here is something really happy to start off the New Year... It also has a bearing on the Orthodox.  The trail of Archbishop Seraphim (Storheim) commenced on Monday in a Canadian court.

Fr Ambrose
By Dave Pierre | January 02, 2011 | 20:02

In a stunning ten-page declaration recently submitted to the Los Angeles
County Superior Court, veteran attorney Donald H. Steier stated that his
investigations into claims of sexual abuse by Catholic priests have
uncovered vast fraud and that his probes have revealed that many accusations
are completely false.

Read more:
http://www.newsbusters.org:80/blogs/dave-pierre/2011/01/02/wheres-media-la-atty-declares-many-abuse-accusations-against-catholic-p#ixzz1Amx64c98

This is good news and, frankly, not unexpected. All too often in this world, guilt by association tars many innocent people.
elijahmaria
Taxiarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 02:41:14 PM »

If true... on the one hand, certainly I'm glad that not as many people were abused...  but to claim such a thing if it didn't happen... that's not something that should be joked about, let alone lied about for financial gain Angry

It makes a mockery of those who truly were damaged as children.  I was telling Father Ambrose that for many of us this "news" comes as no surprise.    So many priest's lives ruined, and many of us can name a few of them.  It is why the Church is so careful and does not simply lash out the way the rest of the world does.  But it is done now.  I hope the world is happy.

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: