OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 02:18:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Children of the Church  (Read 185 times) Average Rating: 0
Putnik Namernik
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Church

« on: July 19, 2013, 11:36:13 PM »

I see less and less young individuals coming to church especially in smaller parishes. In many cases I am talking about the kids whose parents still go to church, while kids once becoming teens their attendance dimishes. What is the biggest reason for that? Whose fault is that? Is church just not "cool" anymore? Was it ever?
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 12:10:22 AM »

I see less and less young individuals coming to church especially in smaller parishes. In many cases I am talking about the kids whose parents still go to church, while kids once becoming teens their attendance dimishes. What is the biggest reason for that? Whose fault is that? Is church just not "cool" anymore? Was it ever?
Did they ever understand what was going on in Church?

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Putnik Namernik
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Church

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 12:22:19 AM »

That could be part of the reason. One young mancomes to my mind who despite his parents being traditionalist without capital T and despite the language barrier appears to be getting stronger and stronger in faith. The problem is that I belive him to be an exception...
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: