OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 26, 2014, 04:12:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Metropolitan Geeverarghese Mar Osthathios  (Read 467 times) Average Rating: 0
PredanijeSP

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek

« on: January 09, 2011, 10:10:34 AM »

I am curious if anyone on this forum has read, or is interested, in the Indian Orthodox Bishop in Kerala Met. Mar Osthathios? He is a somewhat well-known author and lecturer on social justice and the Christian faith, having been published by Orbis, and on the Faith and Order Commission of the WCC. He is traditional in his faith and piety, and speaks of the societal implications of our Trinitarian faith. I discovered him a little over a year ago, and enjoy him very much, o much so that I began emailing with him directly (he is now 94). I would just like to know if anyone else on here has read him, knows him, and if so what are their thoughts on His Grace?

Thank You

"Share everything with your brother. Do not say 'it is private property'. If you share what is everlasting, you should be willing to share that much more the things that do not last".
-the Didache
kazakage
Nasrani

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 11:08:46 AM »

I am curious if anyone on this forum has read, or is interested, in the Indian Orthodox Bishop in Kerala Met. Mar Osthathios? He is a somewhat well-known author and lecturer on social justice and the Christian faith, having been published by Orbis, and on the Faith and Order Commission of the WCC. He is traditional in his faith and piety, and speaks of the societal implications of our Trinitarian faith. I discovered him a little over a year ago, and enjoy him very much, o much so that I began emailing with him directly (he is now 94). I would just like to know if anyone else on here has read him, knows him, and if so what are their thoughts on His Grace?

Thank You

He is a great person. He was one of the Senior most Bishop and had a good chance of being the next Catholicose. But he declind and he has now retired from the Diocese administration.
http://www.geevarghesemarosthathios.info/

Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/marosthathios#!/marosthathios?v=wall
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 11:17:03 AM by kazakage » Logged
Tags: Indian Orthodox 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: