OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 31, 2014, 05:27:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roman Catholic view of Scripture  (Read 417 times) Average Rating: 0
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« on: April 03, 2011, 01:33:12 PM »

This doesn't answer your question, but fwiw I ran across this the other day... one of the Dominicans (perhaps St. Dominic himself) viewed contemplation of Scripture as a highly spiritual act akin to worship (ie. worship of God, not worship of the Bible).

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
elijahmaria
Taxiarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 01:52:27 PM »

This doesn't answer your question, but fwiw I ran across this the other day... one of the Dominicans (perhaps St. Dominic himself) viewed contemplation of Scripture as a highly spiritual act akin to worship (ie. worship of God, not worship of the Bible).

Reading the Holy Fathers is viewed the same way by the Catholic Church. 

Sacra Pagina can refer both to prayerful reading of Scripture and prayerful reading of the Holy Fathers whose texts are steeped in Scripture.

Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: AOCA-DWMA

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 02:17:36 PM »

is this related to the "lectio divina"?
elijahmaria
Taxiarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 02:24:27 PM »

is this related to the "lectio divina"?

directly

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: