OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 02, 2014, 08:53:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Extremist group announces suicide attack to kill (Christian) Asia Bibi  (Read 1265 times) Average Rating: 0
sainthieu
Abstractor of the Quintessence
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« on: January 07, 2011, 11:56:45 PM »

Islamabad (AsiaNews) – An extremist Islamist group calling itself ‘Moaviya’ might be planning a suicide attack against Sheikhupura Prison in order to kill Asia Bibi, a Christian woman sentenced to death for blasphemy...

Please say a prayer for this poor woman.
Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Phyletism Rules, OK

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 12:08:11 AM »

Indeed and for her family as well, who is also being targeted.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-11930849

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
quietmorning
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian

St. Photini

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 10:58:38 AM »

Lord have mercy.
Lord have mercy.
Lord have mercy.

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Jerkodox

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 11:03:21 AM »

Sad

Throught the prayers of St. Ahmed the Calligrapher, Lord have mercy on thy servantess and her family.

ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 12:10:08 PM »

Lord have mercy!

I think I just caught a blurb that they killed the governor, who had defended her.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 04:13:59 PM »

Lord, have mercy.  Cry

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 04:21:20 PM »

Lord, have mercy.   Embarrassed

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 07:07:59 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Lord Have His Mercy indeed, did y'all read about that prominent Pakistani politician who was publicly and legally supporting Asia Bibi and so his radicalist bodyguard shot him 27 times killing him and the country is taking the the streets both in support of the assassination and also fervently requesting Asia Bibi's execution!  Good Dr King was right in reminding us that "Eye for an eye leaves us all blinded."  and unfortunately this backlash and uproar is an inadvertent reaction of a legalistic religion and culture.  It happens in archly conservative Israel also..

We must pray that the Sacred Heart of Jesus Christ resonate and vibrate across the world, putting stillness in the raging hearts of those in the world.

While Pakistan rarely if ever actually executes those convicted of blasphemy, 32 people were assassinated by lynch mobs when the government did not execute them, so Asia Bibi definitely needs our prayers, as do the whole country.

Not to bring politics into this, but I must indeed note the way my own country the US and NATO operates with covert forward military operations and immoral and distasteful assassinations of "terrorists" , the Western world is not doing much to abate the flames of hatred and chaos in Pakistan, so we must not only pray for this particular situation, but also for peace and conciliation across the country as a whole!

stay blessed,
habte selassie

Your prayers aren't going to accomplish anything, except possibly making you feel good about yourself. The only possibility of fixing Pakistan is if they provoke India and India nukes them to oblivion. Unfortunately, though India would probably win, it would be at a great price. These people don't understand reason and they certainly don't care about your heathen prayers...they understand one and only one thing: violence. If you want a real and lasting solution, you have to get off your moral high horse and face the hard truth, you have to be willing to get your hands dirty and commit a little genocide.

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 08:22:59 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Lord Have His Mercy indeed, did y'all read about that prominent Pakistani politician who was publicly and legally supporting Asia Bibi and so his radicalist bodyguard shot him 27 times killing him and the country is taking the the streets both in support of the assassination and also fervently requesting Asia Bibi's execution!  Good Dr King was right in reminding us that "Eye for an eye leaves us all blinded."  and unfortunately this backlash and uproar is an inadvertent reaction of a legalistic religion and culture.  It happens in archly conservative Israel also..

We must pray that the Sacred Heart of Jesus Christ resonate and vibrate across the world, putting stillness in the raging hearts of those in the world.

While Pakistan rarely if ever actually executes those convicted of blasphemy, 32 people were assassinated by lynch mobs when the government did not execute them, so Asia Bibi definitely needs our prayers, as do the whole country.

Not to bring politics into this, but I must indeed note the way my own country the US and NATO operates with covert forward military operations and immoral and distasteful assassinations of "terrorists" , the Western world is not doing much to abate the flames of hatred and chaos in Pakistan, so we must not only pray for this particular situation, but also for peace and conciliation across the country as a whole!

stay blessed,
habte selassie

Your prayers aren't going to accomplish anything, except possibly making you feel good about yourself. The only possibility of fixing Pakistan is if they provoke India and India nukes them to oblivion. Unfortunately, though India would probably win, it would be at a great price. These people don't understand reason and they certainly don't care about your heathen prayers...they understand one and only one thing: violence. If you want a real and lasting solution, you have to get off your moral high horse and face the hard truth, you have to be willing to get your hands dirty and commit a little genocide.

My, my, my...we're hittin' the bottle a little early today.

Regardless of what GiC has revealed publicly about his love for alcohol, it is by definition an ad hominem to bring this up in an effort to discredit what he has to say. You know the rule here. Focus on the arguments, not on the person. For violating this basic rule of polite debate, and in the light of your apparent recent attempts to bait GiC, you are hereby on Post Moderation for the next 40 days. If you think this action wrong, feel free to appeal it via PM to Fr. George.

- PeterTheAleut
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 03:14:19 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 08:25:31 PM »

Lord Have His Mercy indeed, did y'all read about that prominent Pakistani politician who was publicly and legally supporting Asia Bibi and so his radicalist bodyguard shot him 27 times killing him and the country is taking the the streets both in support of the assassination and also fervently requesting Asia Bibi's execution!  Good Dr King was right in reminding us that "Eye for an eye leaves us all blinded."  and unfortunately this backlash and uproar is an inadvertent reaction of a legalistic religion and culture.  It happens in archly conservative Israel also..

stay blessed,
habte selassie

Not quite yet...maybe in the next hour or two. Wink

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 10:41:26 PM »

stay blessed,
habte selassie

Like any enlightenment type, Greeki gets easily drunk on power.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
sainthieu
Abstractor of the Quintessence
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 01:08:34 AM »

"Your prayers aren't going to accomplish anything, except possibly making you feel good about yourself."

I could say roughly the same thing about you. Why would a staunch atheist hang around a religious site and write, lo, 8,000 + posts if not in an attempt to possibly make himself feel good?

I'll bet you look even smaller in person.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 01:09:17 AM by sainthieu » Logged
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 03:34:00 AM »

The recent political posts have been moved to Politics.

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php?topic=32765.0
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 03:35:11 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
ChristusDominus
High Elder

Faith: Latin Rite

Saint Aloysius Gonzaga

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2011, 03:43:37 AM »

O Lord, have mercy.

There is no more evident sign that anyone is a saint and of the number of the elect, than to see him leading a good life and at the same time a prey to desolation, suffering, and trials. - Saint Aloysius Gonzaga
ag_vn
Elder

Faith: Christian

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 06:09:52 AM »

Lord, have mercy!
recent convert
Orthodox Chrisitan
OC.net guru

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian (N.A.)

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 08:56:40 AM »

Lord protect this woman, her family, & all Christians oppressed by the religion of peace and may its demons be exorcised from those it posesses that they may find  repentance & salvation.

Antiochian OC N.A.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 09:41:17 AM »

So many times, I take my freedom for granted. May the Lord have mercy on all His suffering people.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: