OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 01, 2014, 12:17:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayers for His Grace Bishop Daniel  (Read 1008 times) Average Rating: 0
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« on: January 06, 2011, 01:29:28 PM »

Dear Fathers, brothers and sisters in Christ,

I have just gotten notice that His Grace Bishop Daniel (UOCofUSA) is ill and in the hospital.  He has just returned from a mission trip to Ukraine, visiting orphans, etc.

Please join me in praying for his speedy recovery!

He is a great shepherd to his flock and we need him.

O holy Father, heavenly Physician of our souls and bodies, who hast sent thine Only-begotten Son our Lord Jesus Christ to heal all our: do Thou visit and heal Thy servant His Grace Vladyka Daniel, granting him release from pain and restoration to health and vigor, that he may give thanks unto thee and bless thy holy Name, of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit: now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen.

Lord, have mercy!
Lord, have mercy!
Lord, have mercy!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Monk Vasyl
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: UOC of USA

Monk Vasyl
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 02:12:06 PM »

Oh,no!  Praying real hard for His Grace and will add his name to the petitions, tonite and tomorrow.

The unworthy hierodeacon, Vasyl
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 02:13:44 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

He is quite young... Praying for speedy recovery.

Love never fails.
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 02:48:57 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 03:16:41 PM »

Lord have Mercy.
pious1

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 03:31:13 PM »

Господи, помилуй

O holy Father, heavenly Physician of our souls and bodies, who hast sent thine Only-begotten Son our Lord Jesus Christ to heal all our ailments and deliver us from death: do thou visit and heal thy servant N., granting him release from pain and restoration to health and vigor, that he may give thanks unto thee and bless thy holy Name, of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit: now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen.
Monk Vasyl
High Elder

Monk Vasyl
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 04:09:08 PM »

Here's what I just received:

Hello Dear Brothers and Sisters...Glory be to our Lord! and on the Eve of the Nativity:  

CHRIST IS BORN!  LET US GLORIFY HIM!

This is Archbishop Antony writing in behalf of His Beatitude Metropolitan Constantine, as well, to inform you about the fact that Bishop Daniel is currently in hospital - St. Mary in Chicago - undergoing several tests.  I planned to inform you today following Divine Liturgy about the situation - after we received the reports about his condition - and ask for your prayers, but have received several phone calls because the news of the Bishop's hospitalization was apparently placed - without authorization - on someone's facebook page, which has created an unnecessary storm.  But, it probably initiated the powerful prayer process we all must conduct seeking our Lord's healing touch upon His Grace.

Bishop returned from the St. Nicholas Mission Trip to one of our orphanages in Ukraine on Tuesday.  He then took a plane back to Chicago so that he could be at his Cathedral and other parishes for the Nativity Holy Days.  Unfortunately, on the plane, he suffered an unexplainable incident, which had all the characteristics of a severe heart attack.  Once the plane landed he was taken shortly thereafter - but only after he stopped at the Cathedral to ask for God's blessing - and several tests were administered.  We are happy to report that His Grace did NOT suffer a heart attack, but the many tests he endured through the night and this morning have not all come back at normal levels.  There was some concern about a blood clot early on, but thank God that was also ruled out - at least temporarily.  Doctors want to continue with further testing today and perhaps tomorrow.  I just spoke with the Bishop and he is in much better spirits today and pleased that the major possibilities for the incident have been basically ruled out.  Once we know more, we will get the news out to you.

PLEASE REMEMBER HIS GRACE BISHOP DANIEL IN YOUR PRAYERS DURING THESE GREAT NATIVITY HOLY DAYS.  WE ALL KNOW THE POWER OF THOSE PRAYERS, SO LET US PUT OURS ALL TOGETHER SEEKING OUR LORD'S CURING POWER.  

The hope is that Bishop will be able to participated in the Divine Liturgies on the second and third day of the Nativity Feast.  Thank you for your concern and for your prayers.  If you wish to send a get well card, you may do so to Bishop's home address:  3200 Lake Shore Drive, Unit 701, Chicago, IL  60657.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL THROUGHOUT THIS NEW YEAR, FILLING YOUR HOMES AND LIVES THE LOVE OF THE NEW BORN CHRIST CHILD.  

+ Antony, Archbishop, in behalf of His Beatitude Metropolitan Constantine
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 04:09:36 PM by Monk Vasyl » Logged

LizaSymonenko
Global Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 04:36:56 PM »

Oops.

Gotta love Facebook!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Monk Vasyl
High Elder

Monk Vasyl
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 04:45:16 PM »

Tee hee...that might explain why His Eminence is no longer on there.   Roll Eyes  But if it lead to prayers for His Grace's health...thank God for that.

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 05:14:00 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Father H
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian--God's One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: UOCofUSA-Ecumenical Patriarchate

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 05:24:46 PM »

Lord have mercy
Monk Vasyl
High Elder

Monk Vasyl
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 05:27:16 PM »

AWWWWW...the power of prayer.

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2011, 02:03:41 AM »

Lord, have mercy.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2011, 03:28:06 AM »

Molitve ...Prayers................

Gospode Pomiluji ...Amin Amin
Lord Have Mercy...Amen Amen
Господе Помилуји....Амин Амин

Prayers For His Grace Vladika Daniel ,and his swift recovery,
so his work can continnue ,in the Vineyard of the Lord bringing souls to repentance and salvation....Amen Amen

Prayers to the Most Blessed Theotokos ,Mother of God for Her Help...Amen Amen

Slava Gospodu Bogu Vovishnem....Amin Amin

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Monk Vasyl
High Elder

Monk Vasyl
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2011, 12:06:09 PM »

Christ Is Born!

Here's the latest news from His Eminence, Archbishop Antony:

"I write to share the good news that Bishop Daniel has been released from hospital and will continue his recuperation at home over the next week or so.  I am pleased to say that all major problems suspected have been ruled out and that what took place was a combination of circumstances all resulting from extreme exhaustion.  As you all know, he has had a grueling travel schedule over the past several months and the trip to Ukraine was basically the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. 

The truly good thing about what happened on that plane was that it put the Bishop right where he belonged in a bed for a few days without any ability to jump on to a computer or into his car or to another airport.  He deeply regrets missing the first days of the Holy Nativity season in Church, but he will, at least, be able to be present at the next two days' services in the Chicago area.

He will be writing to you himself during the next few days to do so, but I want to personally thank you all for your sincere prayers for His Grace and for the messages of love and concern that you sent to him by many means.  What could have turned into a serious situation was - through the faith of all of us and the power of our combined prayer - the key to the flow of our Lord's healing Grace.  God bless you all for your love and kindness." 

LizaSymonenko
Global Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2011, 12:14:08 PM »

Glory and thanks be to God!

Excellent news!

—St. Isaac of Syria
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2011, 12:41:57 PM »

Glory to God!

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Monk Vasyl
High Elder

Monk Vasyl
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2011, 09:36:04 PM »

This is posted on the uocofusa web site, from His Grace, Bishop Daniel:

January 8, 2011
Synaxis of the Most Holy Birth-Giver of God

My beloved brothers and sisters in our Lord:

CHRIST IS BORN!  GLORIFY HIM!

I am writing you this short note with a profound sense of gratitude for your prayers and kindness expressed to me during my hospitalization and in since I was released last evening. While the doctors have released me from the hospital, I am to remain under their supervision for a time in order to be retested and given a final “good to go” diagnosis.  The doctors have informed me that most of what I was experiencing was the result of plain old exhaustion and my body decided that it was time to let me know!  I thank God for the miracle that is the human body!

For the rest go to:  http://www.uocofusa.org/news_110108_1.html

Ionnis
OC.net guru

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2011, 10:21:09 PM »

Praise God!  I am glad he is doing better. And Liza, that picture of Bishop Daniel is beautiful. 

"If you cannot find Christ in the beggar at the church door, you will not find Him in the chalice.”  -The Divine John Chrysostom

“Till we can become divine, we must be content to be human, lest in our hurry for change we sink to something lower.” -Anthony Trollope
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: