OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 19, 2014, 04:43:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saudi Arabia 'nabbed Israeli-tagged vulture for being Mossad spy'  (Read 1732 times) Average Rating: 0
Jetavan
Argumentum ad australopithecum
Taxiarches

Faith: Science to the Fourth Power
Jurisdiction: Ohayo Gozaimasu

Barlaam and Josaphat

« on: January 05, 2011, 08:19:37 PM »

"A vulture tagged by scientists at Tel Aviv University has strayed into Saudi Arabian territory, where it was promptly arrested on suspicion of being a Mossad spy, Israeli and Saudi media reported Tuesday.

The bird was found in a rural area of the country wearing a transmitter and a leg bracelet bearing the words "Tel Aviv University", according to the reports, which surfaced first in the Israeli daily Ma'ariv.

Although these tags indicate that the bird was part of a long-term research project into migration patterns, residents and local reporters told Saudi Arabia's Al-Weeam newspaper that the matter seemed to be a "Zionist plot.""

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
AnabelJ

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 02:26:58 AM »

I hope the authorities will think clearly about this. I hope they will just free the bird and don't detain it. It wasn't the birds fault that they are carrying GPS in the first place. Those animals were innocent so I think it would be better if they would free them and just get the transmitter from the spying vultures.
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 07:28:59 PM »

The Mossad Vulture Spy, I got a good laugh at that one. Typical Arabs...

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 08:03:16 PM »

Typical Arabs...
That comment reminds me of my Klan kin.  You oughtta rethink that racist remark, boy!  
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 08:03:46 PM by GabrieltheCelt » Logged

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 08:22:03 PM »

Typical Arabs...
That comment reminds me of my Klan kin.  You oughtta rethink that racist remark, boy!  

You know, it's taken me a while, but I think I'm comfortable with being a little racist. Not like your Klan kin, I won't argue the superiority of the white race, don't want to start a race war, and am happy to live in a multi cultural society, I not only know people from other races I like but I quite like some other races themselves; for one thing, I think the Asians give us a good run for our money, as do the Jews. I'm more racist like the Japanese are racist, they'll work with people and do what needs to get done, but with an understanding that everyone is not equal...that some really are better than others. Now, I can't say that I share their disdain for Koreans, at least South Koreans, but you get the idea. At the end of the day, genetics have been more kind to some groups than others.

So I'll stand by my statement:

Typical Arabs...

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 08:37:34 PM »

You know, it's taken me a while, but I think I'm comfortable with being a little racist. Not like your Klan kin, I won't argue the superiority of the white race, don't want to start a race war, and am happy to live in a multi cultural society, I not only know people from other races I like but I quite like some other races themselves; for one thing, I think the Asians give us a good run for our money, as do the Jews. I'm more racist like the Japanese are racist, they'll work with people and do what needs to get done, but with an understanding that everyone is not equal...that some really are better than others. Now, I can't say that I share their disdain for Koreans, at least South Koreans, but you get the idea. At the end of the day, genetics have been more kind to some groups than others.

Sometimes it scares me when you seem to make sense...  Wink

"By the way he dies as a human being he shows us what it is to be God." - Fr. John Behr
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 09:09:22 PM »

Typical Arabs...

Typical Arabs...
Problem with this is (and I can't believe I need to school you on this), is that them Ayrabs went and practically invented Algebra, made huge contributions to the sciences, particularly health and medical, as well as a myriad of other advances.  I think what you may have intended to say is, "Typical Muslims...".  But this, too, poses problems as the many advances listed above came from {gasp!} Muslims.  Nice try, though.  Wink

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 09:22:20 PM »

They did invent beer...well them Egyptians did

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 09:31:31 PM »

Typical Arabs...

Typical Arabs...
Problem with this is (and I can't believe I need to school you on this), is that them Ayrabs went and practically invented Algebra, made huge contributions to the sciences, particularly health and medical, as well as a myriad of other advances.  I think what you may have intended to say is, "Typical Muslims...".  But this, too, poses problems as the many advances listed above came from {gasp!} Muslims.  Nice try, though.  Wink

They proved very good at stealing advances from the Indians and Greeks and claiming them as their own, but history has seen through their little game. And while there were some minor advances to mathematics and astronomy by Mohammedans (though nothing revolutionary, like we saw with the Indians), they tended to be by Persians, not Arabs. So, actually, I'll stick with my original statement: 'Typical Arabs...'

But thank you for making me over analyze it. Wink

GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 09:36:51 PM »

They did invent beer...well them Egyptians did

I'm not sure they invented it, but are the first to document it in written history; but well before the Arab conquest. Those would be the ancestors of the Copts. You know, the people in Egypt being blown up by the Arabs as recently as New Years Eve. Wink

GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 09:54:09 PM »

Typical Arabs...

Typical Arabs...

They proved very good at stealing advances from the Indians and Greeks and claiming them as their own, but history has seen through their little game. And while there were some minor advances to mathematics and astronomy by Mohammedans (though nothing revolutionary, like we saw with the Indians), they tended to be by Persians, not Arabs. So, actually, I'll stick with my original statement: 'Typical Arabs...'

But thank you for making me over analyze it. Wink

LOL... it's like I'm talking to my relatives. 

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: