OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 20, 2014, 10:53:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Liturgical Resources for St. Augustine  (Read 414 times) Average Rating: 0
Shlomlokh
主哀れめよ!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Bulgarian

« on: June 27, 2010, 06:38:32 PM »

Since tomorrow is St. Augustine's feast day (on the Old Calendar), I wanted to honor him in my private devotions. I feel very close to him because I struggled with some of the same things he did before coming to Christianity. While there may be some errors in his theology, I find his holiness to be astoundingly inspiring. If anyone has canons or akathists or other services to Blessed Augustine, it would be much appreciated.

In Christ,
Andrew

"I will pour out my prayer unto the Lord, and to Him will I proclaim my grief; for with evils my soul is filled, and my life unto hades hath drawn nigh, and like Jonah I will pray: From corruption raise me up, O God." -Ode VI, Irmos of the Supplicatory Canon to the Theotokos
jckstraw72
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 06:56:31 PM »

his service can be found in the back of Fr. Seraphim Rose's The Place of Blessed Augustine in the Orthodox Church, if you can get your hands on that.
jckstraw72
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 06:58:10 PM »

and you might like this: http://www.comeandseeicons.com/a/spe15.htm
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: