OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 25, 2014, 02:54:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayers for those killed and injured in suicide bombing in Egypt  (Read 757 times) Average Rating: 0
HandmaidenofGod
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA (Ecumenical Patriarch)

O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!

« on: January 01, 2011, 01:52:37 PM »

Let us pray for the souls of those who were killed in today's suicide bombing outside a Coptic Church in Egypt, for all those injured, and for their families.

For the Departed:
With the spirits of the righteous give rest, O Savior, to the souls of Thy departed servants and keep them in the blessed life with Thee, O Lover of man. In the place of Thy rest, O Lord, where all Thy Saints repose give rest also to the souls of Thy servants for Thou alone art the Lover of men.

Glory to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit: Thou art the God Who descended to hell and loosed the chains of the captives. Give rest, O Lord, to the souls of Thy servants.

Now and ever, and to the ages of ages. Amen: O only pure and immaculate Virgin, who without seed didst bear God, pray to Him that their souls may be saved.

For the injured:
Heavenly Father, physician of our souls and bodies, Who have sent Your only-begotten Son and our Lord Jesus Christ to heal every sickness and infirmity, visit and heal also Your servants from all physical and spiritual ailments through the grace of Your Christ. Grant them patience in this sickness, strength of body and spirit, and recovery of health. Lord, You have taught us through Your word to pray for each other that we may be healed. I pray, heal Your servants, whose names only you know Lord, and grant to them the gift of complete health. For You are the source of healing and to You I give glory, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 01:53:01 PM by HandmaidenofGod » Logged

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
SolEX01
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 02:16:51 PM »

Lord have Mercy.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 02:22:04 PM »

With the spirits of the righteous made perfect in faith,

give rest, O Lord, to the souls of your servants.

Cry Cry Cry

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 05:11:43 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

The Crown of Martyrdom has never been far from us, and more than likely will continue to be blessed upon those true martyrs, not who take their own lives in the name of God, but who are innocently taken for the love of God. In my house there is a picture on the wall, Rastafari sit upon His throne , we Orthodox in Ethiopia also found and find persecution and the sword of martyrdom, but God remains true, and out Mother the Church survived the onslaughts, as it has in times past, and we know God will keep the doors of our churches open long into the future, until that Day.  Is there honestly a more appropriate place to risk one's life then when standing in Divine Presence of Jesus Christ on the altar at the Divine Liturgy? Let us pray for the peace and consolation of the hearts and souls of those suffering.

"Others have labored before you, and you are entering into their toil."  Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

Pray for the peace of the One Holy, Catholic, Apostolic Church.

+ God Bless Their Souls +

stay blessed,
habte selassie
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 05:12:32 PM by HabteSelassie » Logged

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Taxiarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 05:24:27 PM »

Let us pray for the souls of those who were killed in today's suicide bombing outside a Coptic Church in Egypt, for all those injured, and for their families.

To those who have fallen asleep in Christ: May their memories be eternal.

To those who are injured: O Lord Jesus Christ, grant them health and salvation.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 05:25:21 PM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 06:37:58 PM »

Molitve ...Prayers......

Lord Have Mercy....Amen Amen

Those who live By the sword ,will die By the sword, as
Scripture tells us.....

Prayer for the Innocent Martyrs ,that our Blessed,
Lord Grants them Blessed rest in his eternal kingdom......Amen Amen
May Their Memories be Eternal....Amen Amen

Prayers for the wounded, that the Lord grants them ,
Healing and a swift recovery from their injuries.....Amen Amen

Prayers For Families and Friends that lost their loved ones,
Lord Grant them Peace and Comfort in this time of Sorrow....Amen Amen

Prayers to Our Most Blessed and All Holy Theotokos, Mother Of God ,for Her Help
And Protection under Her Mantle.....Amen Amen

Blessed are they that Mourn ,For they shall Be Comforted....Amen Amen

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
CoptoGeek
of Alexandria, the Christ-loving City
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 07:33:50 PM »

"How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?"

May The Lord forgive me the anger I feel right now.

"Be oppressed, rather than the oppressor. Be gentle, rather than zealous. Lay hold of goodness, rather than justice." -St. Isaac of Nineveh

“I returned to the Coptic Orthodox Church with affection, finding in her our tormented and broken history“. -Salama Moussa
lubeltri
Latin Catholic layman
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Boston

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 08:04:30 PM »

Vengeance is mine, I will repay, saith the Lord.

To me belongeth vengeance, and recompence; their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste.

-

May they rest in peace, brothers and martyrs for Christ.

May the Lord's terrible retribution be swift upon His enemies, and may these servants of Satan find conversion as they face divine Justice.
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Taxiarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 08:42:18 PM »

"How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?"

May The Lord forgive me the anger I feel right now.

My prayers for you and for your friends in the Coptic Church.
Lord have mercy.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 09:48:38 AM »

Memory Eternal. + Lord, have mercy. +

Love never fails.
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 02:12:49 PM »

Greetings and the Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

"I call on our sons for calm, as calm can solve all issues," Pope Shenouda said in a television interview.

"The slogans used by some have transgressed all values and manners... and some have tried to use violence, while violence is absolutely not our method."
HH Pope Shenouda speaking to the BBC News

Wiser words could never have been spoken..
stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
Tags: al-Qidiseen massacre 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: