Could all this relate to 2.Thess.2:3-4 somehow? "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4. Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God."
I went to look up something on the pages of http://www.holylight.gr/patria/enpatria.html
and the first sentence you see is
" The history of the Patriarchate begins from the first Christian community in the years of the Apostles. The Church and the Episcopacy of Jerusalem was and is the "Mother of all Churches". "
May I continue with Mt.20:26-28 " But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;
27. And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:
28. Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many."
Does any Pope or Patriarch still care about John 17 and the prayers of our Lord? Do they really appreciate the words of admonition of the Apostle in Eph.4:1-7: " I Therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
2. With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
3. Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
4. There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
5. One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6. One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
7. But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ."
Or are they only interested in their own 'primacy' and self-righteousness ? Is Jesus really having "pre-eminence" in their 'kingdom' ? When they say that they believe in 'one holy apostolic etc. church' - which one do they have in mind?
I have in mind the Body of Christ which is the Church - but how do they appropriate this if they are bound up in grave cloths like Lazarus? Jesus called Lazarus forth. He called him to come out - like He is calling us today to come out of our tombs and to be 'The Ekklesia' - the called out ones.
You can discuss all you want to, Gentlemen - it is the devil who is the author of confusion - (he delights in dis-cord, dis-cussions, dis-harmony, dis-memberment, dis-tortion, dis-appointments, dis-functions, dis-..., dis-... , dis-... which implies the meaning 'apart, asunder, separately, a very actual picture of The Church in MHO) and comes only to steal, kill and destroy, see John 10:10 for those who need to be reminded that it is Jesus Christ alone Who has come to bring Life - not the Church.
This is our dis-ease like leprosy eating away at the body. But CHRIST IS RISEN! INDEED HE IS RISEN! When will we begin to live up to the standard and manifest the Risen Body, healed completely of all diseases, restored and glorious?
Shoshana, being martyred by your words
"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
2. Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
3. For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds." Heb.12:1-3