OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 29, 2014, 02:07:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Views on Infallibility Be Merged?  (Read 15428 times) Average Rating: 0
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #270 on: April 27, 2012, 09:48:22 AM »

It's really funny that I grew up as a Roman Catholic and was never aware of the deep, dark, Godzilla-like nefariousness of that creature called the Pope. I mean, I always thought of him as an old man who liked to travel and talk about world peace. How did I miss all his super powers? It's like you need a decoder ring...

Perception is a tricky business, isn't it?

I'm thinking you missed all his nefarious super-powers simply because you weren't HyperDox  (or Protestant) Wink.  He keeps them well-hidden from his own flock, to use on them when they're least suspecting and after he's pulled the wool over their eyes again so they won't actually see what horrible things he's done to them (and the rest of the world, to boot)  Roll Eyes.  It's a well-known (non) fact that only HyperDox and some Protestants can actually see him for the Godzilla-like evil creature he really is  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian
podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #271 on: April 27, 2012, 11:54:05 AM »

It's really funny that I grew up as a Roman Catholic and was never aware of the deep, dark, Godzilla-like nefariousness of that creature called the Pope. I mean, I always thought of him as an old man who liked to travel and talk about world peace. How did I miss all his super powers? It's like you need a decoder ring...

I'm thinking you missed all his nefarious super-powers simply because you weren't HyperDox  (or Protestant) Wink.  He keeps them well-hidden from his own flock, to use on them when they're least suspecting and after he's pulled the wool over their eyes again so they won't actually see what horrible things he's done to them (and the rest of the world, to boot)  Roll Eyes.  It's a well-known (non) fact that only HyperDox and some Protestants can actually see him for the Godzilla-like evil creature he really is  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.

But---- isn't that because y'all got mesmerized after drinking the kool-aid?  Grin Wink Wink Smiley
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #272 on: April 27, 2012, 12:15:58 PM »

But---- isn't that because y'all got mesmerized after drinking the kool-aid?  Grin Wink Wink Smiley

Nope!  You mistake us for followers of Rev. (??) Jim Jones.  Our chalice contains (and has always done so) the Blood of Christ--not kool-aid!

(If you're not careful, we'll start mistaking *you* for Mr. al Misry  Shocked Roll Eyes)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 12:17:09 PM by J Michael » Logged

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #273 on: May 28, 2012, 07:13:32 PM »

I don't think anyone every really responded to the Haec Sancta vs Vatican I controversy that Ialmisry brought up.

I'm going to need this.
Tags: Papal Infallibility ialmisry's b.s. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: