OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 18, 2014, 01:33:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cremation or donating to science - RC response  (Read 638 times) Average Rating: 0
KFLINT

« on: December 27, 2010, 06:07:29 PM »

In earlier times, Catholic cremation was finally accepted, but only if the body were present at the Mass before being cremated. In present times, the Church allows cremation before the last Mass. The urn can be present, but must be approved by a bishop. The Church does have a few stipulations – the ashes must either be buried or put in an urn.
mike
Warned
Stratopedarches

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 06:40:11 PM »

In earlier times, Catholic cremation was finally accepted, but only if the body were present at the Mass before being cremated. In present times, the Church allows cremation before the last Mass. The urn can be present, but must be approved by a bishop. The Church does have a few stipulations – the ashes must either be buried or put in an urn.

What Church?
KFLINT

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 06:46:32 PM »

Since this is Christianity.net I used the word "Church" to signify the Vatican, I should be more specific.   
KFLINT

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 06:55:07 PM »

Some what confused here, you moved me to

HOWEVER to OP is from trevor72694, Faith: Orthodox Christian, why pump a comment should not all comments directly related stay within context and or the entire post be moved?
mike
Warned
Stratopedarches

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 06:57:14 PM »

You have presented Roman Catholic teaching in a section dedicated to the Orthodox faith exclusively so your response has been moved to the proper section.
KFLINT

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 07:09:45 PM »

I'll be sure to read the rules in depth...one would think explaining would be the first step to one new to the forum.....
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 07:10:27 PM by KFLINT » Logged
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: