OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 20, 2014, 05:11:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Abortion Racketeers At It Again!!!  (Read 1379 times) Average Rating: 0
Nacho
OC.net guru

Faith: EasternOrthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

The face of Corporate America

« on: April 22, 2004, 12:08:17 AM »

Abortion Rights March Could Bring Thousands
Wed Apr 21, 2004 05:42 PM ET

By Deborah Zabarenko

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Armies of demonstrators headed for Washington on Wednesday for a weekend march in favor of abortion rights and global reproductive freedom that organizers hope will counterbalance sharp anti-abortion rhetoric from the White House.

Organizers of the March for Women's Lives, set for Sunday on and around the National Mall, said on Wednesday they expect hundreds of thousands of participants from some 1,400 organizations and 53 countries.

A counter-demonstration by abortion opponents was scheduled for the same day at the mid-point of the women's march.

American feminists have stressed the non-partisan nature of the election-year event, but had harsh criticism for Bush administration policies that they see as going beyond opposition to abortion to limit women's access to family planning and sex education in the United States and the developing world.

"This march is non-partisan, it is not political in the sense of electoral (politics)," said Gloria Feldt, president of Planned Parenthood Federation of America, a march sponsor.

However, Feldt said the event aimed to "create a social climate in this country that is so supportive of reproductive rights and access to reproductive health care that it will simply be a matter of course that anyone in public office will be so as well."

Organizers hope for a bigger turnout on the Mall than a 1992 abortion rights march, which drew 500,000, according to the National Park Police, which no longer gives official crowd counts. The biggest demonstration was an anti-Vietnam War rally in 1969, which drew 600,000.

Planned Parenthood's Action Fund plans to endorse Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry at a separate event on Friday.

BUSH AND ABORTION

President Bush, a Republican, opposes abortion in most cases and has enacted two laws that have alarmed abortion rights advocates: a ban on a controversial procedure known to opponents as partial birth abortion, and a measure that makes it a separate federal crime to harm a pregnant woman's fetus.

The ban is being challenged in the courts by those who say it is unconstitutional and sets a bad precedent by using law to prohibit a medical procedure. Critics see the second measure, called the Unborn Victims of Violence Act, as improperly opening the door to giving fetuses separate legal rights from the women bearing them.

Bush has called the effort to overturn the Supreme Court's 1973 Roe vs. Wade decision -- which recognized abortion rights -- "a noble cause."

On Tuesday, Vice President Dick Cheney reaffirmed the administration's opposition to abortion at a dinner sponsored by the anti-abortion group National Right to Life. He said the Bush administration would defend the ban on so-called partial birth abortion "confidently and vigorously." Beyond domestic U.S. policy, abortion rights advocates say the Bush administration's anti-abortion stance has weakened international programs on family planning, AIDS prevention and women's rights.

Eleanor Smeal, president of the Feminist Majority, said that while U.S. funding for global family planning has remained stable, half of this money now goes for programs that advocate sexual abstinence.

In addition, she said, a Bush administration policy known to critics as the global gag rule prohibits family planning agencies outside the United States from mentioning abortion if they receive any U.S. funds to support birth control, sex education or other programs.

Jodi Jacobson, head of the Center for Health and Gender Equity, said Bush repeatedly voiced his commitment to a $15 billion, five-year plan to curb HIV and AIDS, "but has failed as yet in any of the past two budgets to request the minimum $3 billion needed to fulfill that promise."

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."--Mere Christianity
Nacho
OC.net guru

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2004, 12:21:52 AM »

Hmmmm.....same old story, same villians. There is nothing new under the sun.

Planned Parenthood's Action Fund plans to endorse Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry at a separate event on Friday.

Wow, I'm in shock. Planned Parenthood endorsing a democrat???Get outta here......

American feminists have stressed the non-partisan nature of the election-year event, but had harsh criticism for Bush administration policies that they see as going beyond opposition to abortion to limit women's access to family planning and sex education in the United States and the developing world.

Interesting....they say it's non - partisan, but then turn around and viciously attack the president for his pro life stance. Who do these people think their fooling....

"This march is non-partisan, it is not political in the sense of electoral (politics)," said Gloria Feldt, president of Planned Parenthood Federation of America, a march sponsor.

Again, full of holes here. If it's non partisan, why do you plan on endorsing Kerry?Huh

Bush has called the effort to overturn the Supreme Court's 1973 Roe vs. Wade decision -- which recognized abortion rights -- "a noble cause."

I'm in full agreement.

President Bush, a Republican, opposes abortion in most cases and has enacted two laws that have alarmed abortion rights advocates: a ban on a controversial procedure known to opponents as partial birth abortion, and a measure that makes it a separate federal crime to harm a pregnant woman's fetus.

Another win for the good guys.....

Eleanor Smeal, president of the Feminist Majority, said that while U.S. funding for global family planning has remained stable, half of this money now goes for programs that advocate sexual abstinence.

I guess to the left sexual abstinence is an evil thing. If they want abortions, maybe they should use thier own money.

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."--Mere Christianity
Nacho
OC.net guru

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2004, 05:00:27 AM »

NEA endorses abortion rally.

Today is a really sad day for America.
It looks like the people that are responsible for teaching our children are also endorsing the pro abortion rally.

I can't beleive these people would get involved in such a thing. I thought these people are supposed to be be non partial.

Check out the article ---  http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,117944,00.html

Don't our tax dollars go to these people???

It also made me sick to watch John Kerry's speech where he promised to appoint pro abortion judicial activist to our court  systems while all the foam at the mouth feminist cheered him on.

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: