OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 02, 2014, 01:16:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An Evangelical in the Russian Orthodox Church?  (Read 1387 times) Average Rating: 0
Loukas

« on: December 05, 2002, 12:00:18 AM »

An interesting perspective on Fr. Alexander Men from an Anabaptist viewpoint:

An Evangelical in the Russian Orthodox Church: Fr. Alexander Men (1935-1990)

http://www.directionjournal.org/article/?933
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2002, 02:43:01 AM »

An interesting perspective indeed. Albeit a syncreatist one. I was of the impression that anabaptists were clearly defined as heretics. Instead to me, this article shows the powerful and prayerful work of Fr. Alexander Men as an Orthodox priest. However, I don't like how the author is comparing similarities of Orthodoxy to Anabaptism. If one wants the real thing, accept no imitations. They should join the true church of Christ.

Maybe I'm just anal

Bobby
sinjinsmythe
High Elder

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2002, 02:39:40 PM »

Loukas thank you so much for this column!!!  Cheesy  I have been searching the web for something akin to this.  You are awesome my brother, God bless you.

Life is just one disappointment after another.
Loukas

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2002, 11:38:45 PM »

The good part is that they recognize that what he calls the "common evangelical spirituality" is alive in the Orthodox Church. Where the clear distinction comes in is where he expresses the universal anabaptist rejection of any kind of church/state symphonia.  Sure, they may have something valuable to witness to Orthodoxy, but they can't do it by remaining outside  the family.

loukas
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: