OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 21, 2014, 07:19:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is not the teaching of Islam  (Read 3159 times) Average Rating: 0
stick man
Warned

Faith: No religion
Jurisdiction: None

« on: December 25, 2010, 04:19:56 PM »

That is not the teaching of Islam.

There probably is no god. Interested in finding out more? Visit www.richarddawkins.net
stick man
Warned

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 04:20:38 PM »

There probably is no god. Interested in finding out more? Visit www.richarddawkins.net
stick man
Warned

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 04:21:45 PM »

stick man
Warned

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 04:22:25 PM »

stick man
Warned

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2010, 04:23:07 PM »

stick man
Warned

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2010, 04:23:37 PM »

stick man
Warned

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2010, 04:24:07 PM »

stick man
Warned

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2010, 04:24:37 PM »

stick man
Warned

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2010, 04:25:19 PM »

stick man
Warned

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2010, 04:26:07 PM »

stick man
Warned

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2010, 04:26:37 PM »

stick man
Warned

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2010, 04:27:16 PM »

stick man
Warned

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2010, 04:28:06 PM »

stick man
Warned

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2010, 04:29:25 PM »

That is not the teaching of Islam. I'm more interested in what a Sheik, Emir, Mullah, Mufti or Imam, or a Mujahedeen such as Saddam Hussein, has to say on the matter.

stick man
Warned

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2010, 04:30:02 PM »

stick man
Warned

« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2010, 04:30:35 PM »

genesisone
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2010, 04:30:52 PM »

We know.

Christ is born! Glorify Him!
stick man
Warned

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2010, 04:31:15 PM »

stick man
Warned

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2010, 04:31:59 PM »

genesisone
Archon

Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2010, 04:32:35 PM »

That is not the teaching of Islam. I'm more interested in what a Sheik, Emir, Mullah, Mufti or Imam, or a Mujahedeen such as Saddam Hussein, has to say on the matter.
Then why are you posting here Huh Huh Huh Huh
stick man
Warned

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2010, 04:32:55 PM »

Allah akbar! GOD is great!
 stickman,

You are now put on post moderation for what can only be described as spamming the board with the same message in almost every thread.  For the next 90 days, each and every post you make on OC.net must be approved by the moderation staff.  Please note that you have abused the privilege of posting here by these incessant posts and that is why you are being disciplined this way.  If you think this is in error, please PM FrChris or Fr. George.  -Schultz, Orthodox-Catholic Discussion moderator

stick man
Warned

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2010, 04:33:39 PM »

Then why are you posting here Huh Huh Huh Huh

Because GOD is great.

stick man
Warned

« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2010, 04:34:17 PM »

minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2010, 04:34:25 PM »

True Islam is that you tisslam to Allah through Jesus Christ ibn Allah, not through a prophet, or an angel, or any created being, but Allah in the flesh.

Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Brigidsboy
Elder

Jurisdiction: Armenian

« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2010, 04:38:01 PM »

Who cares?

"I don't think I've ever eaten anything Armenian I didn't like.  I even drink my non-Armenian coffee out of a St Nersess Seminary coffee mug because it is better that way." --Mor Ephrem
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2010, 04:41:58 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

True Islam is that you tisslam to Allah through Jesus Christ ibn Allah, not through a prophet, or an angel, or any created being, but Allah in the flesh.
This is quite true, many imams and learned Muslims have told me openly that the Prophet Isa is central and fundamental to their Faith, and further that much like messianic Jews, they believe that Jesus Christ will  return again and establish the Messianic Age of His Great and Second Coming, so Islam and we Christians are both fasting and praying continually for the return of Our Lord.
It is no coincidence that there are more than 30 passages in the Qu'ran about Our Lady Saint Mary, many many more than in the Gospels themselves!

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2010, 04:51:29 PM »

Greetings in the Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Actually it is, and the history of the pre-20th century Muslim world surely testifies as such, as Muslims have always been less crusading then Christians have been, in other words, history shows that Muslims have more often faithfully taken Christianity's own forgiving, tolerant and loving ideals to heart then even Christian communities sometimes.

The Prophet never intended Islam to be preached at the sword, rather over the centuries politics have provoked various Islamic communities into this kind of activities.  It is in the crazy modern world of the Jihadists and the Muhjihadeen where the concept of political violence and physical war against the "infidels" took on a kind of universalist mentality.  No where in the Qu'ran, or indeed in the legitimate Islamic patristic writings promotes, teaches or in any way condone the approaches of the sword and forced conversion to Islam.  Further, I challenge you openly as a Muslim to prove me wrong and offer evidence to the contrary.

Islam and Christianity are both religions of pure peace, love, understanding and mutual respect and tolerance which at times are hijacked by more political or economic situations that use religion as  rallying cry or a pretext.  Violence and forcefulness and judgment and condemnation are not religion, Islam and Christianity agree whole-heartedly as the Prophet Isaiah told us, the "True religion is  it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter--when you see the naked, to clothe him, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?"
What does any of that have to do with the sword? The Prophet Isa, Jesus Christ warned us that He who carries the sword shall perish thereof, the Great Brother Doctor Martin Luther King Jr sternly, patiently, lovingly reminded us that eye for an eye leaves us all blinded, as he is is without sin shall cast the first stone.

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2010, 04:52:47 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Perhaps you should come down from your high horse and actually yourself learn the teachings of Islam, then follow them, then lead us by example rather then making a fool of yourself with all this self-righteous trolling and saber-rattling?

Just a thought Wink

stay blessed,
habte selassie

Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2010, 05:10:56 PM »

Muslims don't need spiritual help?

I'm going to need this.
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2010, 05:12:06 PM »

I don't get it.

I'm going to need this.
mike
Warned
Stratopedarches

« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2010, 05:46:06 PM »

This thread contains responses of one Muslim from many threads from 'Orthodox - Other Christian' subforum where interreligious discussions are not allowed.

I ask as a poster: do not respond to them.
Gamliel
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco

« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2010, 07:38:09 PM »

This should be the teaching of isalm:  Allah =
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 07:39:22 PM by Gamliel » Logged
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2010, 08:02:12 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcxpbhM0DaA

I'm going to need this.
vasily

Jurisdiction: Orthodox church in america

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2011, 09:56:51 AM »

I would like to point out to one comment concerning "the Prophet Isa". Who is "Isa" ? Jesus of Nazareth was never called "Isa". Arab speaking Christians refer to Jesus as Yasou. The rhetoric and propaganda being spread by so-called Muslim experts(see you tube videos) claiming Jesus was not Crucified, Jesus was not God, rejecting the Trinity, and saying the Bible is corrupt, amongst other anti-Christian nonsense is down right blasphemous. Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, not some prophet, who came into the world for our salvation. To state that both Christians and Muslims are both waiting for the second coming, is an ignorant statement, made without any knowledge of the koran and the process of Islamization. "Isa" reflects Islam's apologetic strategy in relation to Christianity, which is to deny the Yeshua(Jesus) of history, and replace him with a facsimile of Muhammad, so that nothing remains but Islam. According to the koran and these Muslim "experts" the Prophets in the Old Testament and the Apostles, including Jesus Christ, were all Muslims. Throughout history, Islam has had no tolerance of other faiths, and this has continued to the present. Western intellectuals who state that we all worship the same God, are neglecting history and have no real knowledge of Islam.
Severian
God save Egypt, Syria, Lebanon & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Miaphysite Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: The Church of Alexandria

Saint Severus of Antioch - the Eloquent Mouth

Partisangirl
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2011, 09:53:54 PM »

Out of curiosity, why was this thread stickied?

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -Jesus Christ

I am currently not an active poster on the forum. Please forgive any offense I might have caused in the past. Thank you.
mike
Warned
Stratopedarches

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2011, 03:31:07 PM »

Severian
God save Egypt, Syria, Lebanon & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Miaphysite Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: The Church of Alexandria

Saint Severus of Antioch - the Eloquent Mouth

Partisangirl
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2011, 03:34:51 PM »

That is not the teaching of Islam. Tongue

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -Jesus Christ

I am currently not an active poster on the forum. Please forgive any offense I might have caused in the past. Thank you.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2011, 03:37:38 PM »

Stripped of it's original context, it's impossible to tell. OC.net should form a committee to investigate...

Large Marge sent me...
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2011, 05:29:55 PM »

Hmmm...

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: