OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 02, 2014, 11:02:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Al Qaeda-affiliated website targets Arab Christians in Canada  (Read 1113 times) Average Rating: 0
Tallitot
Archon

Faith: Jewish
Jurisdiction: United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism

« on: December 22, 2010, 11:47:03 PM »

"
More than 100 Canadian-Arab Christians are listed on an Al Qaeda affiliated website, apparently targeted because of their alleged role in attempting to convert Muslims..."

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/910167--al-qaeda-affiliated-website-targets-arab-christians-in-canada

Proverbs 22:7
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 01:12:17 AM »

"I only fear God," said Naguib when reached by phone. "These websites mean nothing any more."

"They asked me, 'are you afraid?' I said 'Should I be?'" said Mansour, who has run a business in Quebec for the past 22 years since emigrating from Egypt.

Mansour laughed at the threat, but said he recognizes the seriousness of the matter.

"These issues can't be taken lightly anymore...If they (Muslim fanatics) had the guts to fly a couple of planes into buildings and killing thousands of people, what would be the big deal with just one person? Nothing. Am I afraid of it? No, not really," said Mansour who is an active member of the Coptic church in Canada.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Theophilos78
Archon

Faith: pro-Israeli Zionist Apostolic Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Adonai Yeshua

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 03:34:32 AM »

"
More than 100 Canadian-Arab Christians are listed on an Al Qaeda affiliated website, apparently targeted because of their alleged role in attempting to convert Muslims..."

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/910167--al-qaeda-affiliated-website-targets-arab-christians-in-canada

Anathema on the illiterate pagan prophet of the desert and his blind followers!

Longing for Heavenly Jerusalem
sprtslvr1973
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA; Jurisdiaction of Dallas and the South

"Behold I stand at the Door and Knock" Rev. 3:20

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 07:54:34 AM »

If I were not a Christian I might ask if attrition is an acceptable response Angry

"Into thy hands I commend my spirit"- Luke 23:46
“Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!” - Mark 9:24
Romanicus
Molestus molestorum Dei.

Jurisdiction: the fanatical one

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 04:49:39 AM »

"He shall be a wild ass of a man; his hand shall be against every man, and every man's hand shall be against his. He shall dwell against all his kinsmen."
-The Angel of the Lord, about Ishmael. (Gen. 16:12)

But:

"He who lives by the sword, shall die by the sword."
-The Lord, (Mt. 26:52)

"Its later than you think." -- Fr. Seraphim Rose
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox. With some feta, please.

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 06:46:19 AM »

"He shall be a wild ass of a man; his hand shall be against every man, and every man's hand shall be against his. He shall dwell against all his kinsmen."

What this has to do with the topic?
Monk Cyprian

Jurisdiction: OCA

Hooray! I'm useful!

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 11:32:20 AM »

From Wikipedia:

Islamic traditions consider Ishmael to be the ancestor of Arab people, excluding Arabs who are descendants of Ya'rub. Arabs who are from Ishmael-descendant tribes are occasionally referred to as "Arabized-Arabs" to highlight their ancestry. The Prophet Muhammad was of these Arabs.

Please note, however, that there is hardly a consensus on this point, and opinions like this often play into racism, which I would like to avoid like the plague...

Was it Divine Liturgy in English in XIXth Century Russia?  No, it was not I am the telling you!  Is OUTRAGE!  Now is to be Slavonic music and Byzantine vestment in same church. This is what when KGB run the seminary.
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 11:43:05 AM »

From Wikipedia:

Islamic traditions consider Ishmael to be the ancestor of Arab people, excluding Arabs who are descendants of Ya'rub. Arabs who are from Ishmael-descendant tribes are occasionally referred to as "Arabized-Arabs" to highlight their ancestry. The Prophet Muhammad was of these Arabs.

Please note, however, that there is hardly a consensus on this point, and opinions like this often play into racism, which I would like to avoid like the plague...

I agree with Father Cyprian.
How many of our Church Fathers from Asia Minor (Cappadocia) are of Arabic descent?
How many beautiful big brown eyed dark-haired Arabic brides did Alexander's men bring back to Greece?
Weren't the ancient Greeks before the reign of Alexander usually blonde and blue eyed?
And finally, was not the first church established by Saints Peter and Paul that of Antioch?

Let us pray for the conversion of Muslims and for their salvation.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 11:48:03 AM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Theophilos78
Archon

Faith: pro-Israeli Zionist Apostolic Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Adonai Yeshua

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 01:03:32 PM »

St. John of Damascus associated Muslims/Islam with the Ishmaelites.  Wink

Longing for Heavenly Jerusalem
Stick-Man

Faith: no religion
Jurisdiction: none

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2011, 12:21:02 AM »

Horrible, isn't it? If there were no religion in this world, all this would be moot...
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: Agnostic

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 12:35:23 AM »

Hateful people will always try to find a way to justify their hate; religion is just a convenient cloak with which hateful people can easily and superficially cover themselves. If religion were extinct, there'd still be hateful people, they'd just have on a different outfit.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: