OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 16, 2014, 12:32:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A VERY Ecumenical Patriarch  (Read 11842 times) Average Rating: 0
Marc1152
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2008, 09:41:23 PM »

Christos Earnest! Christ is Risen!

so lets say that almost all orthodox bishops want to reunite with the west as voted in a unorthodox council but there is a lone bishop that refuses, what happens next?

Been there, done that Smiley. Ask Saint Mark of Ephesus.

John.

St. Mark is my patron.

If one Bishop refuses the impact depends upon who that Bishop is. Without Mark, the false union had no hope. But the process includes how the people accept or  reject such agreements. Back then, it was St. Mark plus the rejection of the mass of Othodox people that did in the false union.

So it will be with us today.

Mark

\"Why were so many Civil War battles fought in National Parks? \"
Marc1152
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2008, 09:54:11 PM »

I just concluded a three week email correspondence with a Catholic Priest about the unity issue. I had seen him on EWTN take cheap shot at the Orthodox. So I wrote to him and we went over the issues. It was fun and informative. However, I have to say that if his attitudes is at all representative of the RCC..there is no shot at unity for a long while.

He is a bit unusual since he is a converted Anglican Priest whom Rome allows to be married. But basically he wants us to come to heel. The air of superiority that he took was not a pretty site. Add to that his basic misconceptions about the Orthodox ( though he had clearly made a study of us) and his unquestioning adherence to Roman dogma hit the trifecta..  "Arrogant, Ignorant and Proud" 

And this guy is an author and lecturer and professional apologist, his specialty is with the Evangelicals. He said we and the Evangelicals are both "primitives"..........anyway I wont bore you with more details but the unity thing is a long long long way off IMHO

Mark

\"Why were so many Civil War battles fought in National Parks? \"
SolEX01
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #92 on: November 23, 2008, 09:58:59 PM »

One Anglican convert to Catholicism does not equal Pope Benedict XVI.   Wink
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: