OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 02, 2014, 09:18:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miracle at Malankara Church  (Read 2207 times) Average Rating: 0
Orthodoc
Supporter & Defender Of Orthodoxy
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: OCA

Those who ignore history tend to repeat it.

« on: April 18, 2004, 08:59:54 PM »

I am so very excited to share with you  some of the  information regarding a miracle which took place at the St.Kuriakose Malankara Orthodox Church, Mundukuzhy( Kunnamthanam, Thiruvalla, Kerala, India), on this past Good Friday.  Following the Good Friday service the people had gone home; but the Rev.Fr.and the Altar boys remained in the church and were praying. The door was open. The Achen saw something like water trickling down from the Holy Virgin Mary's eyes( the newly re-built church;consecrated on Jan.31,2004, has the Holy Mother's image carved in on one of the doors). The Achen wiped  off the water; the water continued to trickle down, and again the Achen wiped it off; then more water/tears began coming down . At that time the Achen rang up the church bell several times( Koottamani adichu). A whole lot of the church members rushed to the church and all of them  witnessed the water/tears trickling down from the eyes of our Holy Mothers image. With the news a lot of other people, other than the church members also gathered around. Among those gathered there was a paralysed man, who is  of the  Catholic faith ; he does not live too far from this church.  He was brought to the church by somebody, and he was healed. By midnight the water/ tears had dried up, but one could see the mark of it on the image. In a few hours the news media flooded the church and its vicinity. It has been reported in the news papers.   You may note that this church is not in our Holy Mother's name.  Her image is actually  only one of the images carved in on one of the doors. May our Holy Mothers prayers provide  the
world comfort peace.

=======

Orthodoc

Oh Lord, Save thy people and bless thine inheritance.
Grant victory to the Orthodox Christians over their adversaries.
And by virtue of thy Cross preserve thy habitation.
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2004, 09:04:07 PM »

Lord have Mercy

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Ben
Unabashedly Pro-Life
OC.net guru

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2004, 08:12:11 PM »

I am so very excited to share with you  some of the  information regarding a miracle which took place at the St.Kuriakose Malankara Orthodox Church, Mundukuzhy( Kunnamthanam, Thiruvalla, Kerala, India), on this past Good Friday.  Following the Good Friday service the people had gone home; but the Rev.Fr.and the Altar boys remained in the church and were praying. The door was open. The Achen saw something like water trickling down from the Holy Virgin Mary's eyes( the newly re-built church;consecrated on Jan.31,2004, has the Holy Mother's image carved in on one of the doors). The Achen wiped  off the water; the water continued to trickle down, and again the Achen wiped it off; then more water/tears began coming down . At that time the Achen rang up the church bell several times( Koottamani adichu). A whole lot of the church members rushed to the church and all of them  witnessed the water/tears trickling down from the eyes of our Holy Mothers image. With the news a lot of other people, other than the church members also gathered around. Among those gathered there was a paralysed man, who is  of the  Catholic faith ; he does not live too far from this church.  He was brought to the church by somebody, and he was healed. By midnight the water/ tears had dried up, but one could see the mark of it on the image. In a few hours the news media flooded the church and its vicinity. It has been reported in the news papers.   You may note that this church is not in our Holy Mother's name.  Her image is actually  only one of the images carved in on one of the doors. May our Holy Mothers prayers provide  the
world comfort peace.

=======

Orthodoc

Glory to God! This is truly amazing, praised be Jesus Christ!!!

I was wondering if you have any links to any articles...from a religious site...or a secular one reporting this event...and perhaps more detailed description than you provided.

:)Thanks!

Christ is Risen!

"I prefer to be accused unjustly, for then I have nothing to reproach myself with, and joyfully offer this to the good Lord. Then I humble myself at the thought that I am indeed capable of doing the thing of which I have been accused. " - Saint
Tags: miracles icons wonderworking icons 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: