Author Topic: women and coverings  (Read 718 times)

Offline stick man

women and coverings
« on: December 20, 2010, 03:12:26 PM »
My wife wears a headscarf and sometimes a full Arabic veil when outside in the world. The modest dress of Muslim women is very appealing to me. A long dress and headscarf, and sometimes a full Niqab or Burqa gives an impression of feminine modesty and spirituality. It also affords women a sense of seriousness, of submissivesness, of privacy, and of peacefullness.

Such dress need not be plain. My wife has have scarves, long dresses and veils in a variety of materials and colors.

The wives of the Prophet covered themselves. Modesty and Submissiveness is a virtue. 
There probably is no god. Interested in finding out more? Visit www.richarddawkins.net

Offline Shanghaiski

• Taxiarches
  • Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia
Re: women and coverings
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 03:14:16 PM »
"Friend," wherefore art thou come?
Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Hoplitarches
  • Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 03:16:50 PM »

I think he's a fake.  No Muslim with a right mind would lay claim to the jurisdiction of "vulva" and profess pride in female circumcision.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline GreekChef

• Prez
  • High Elder
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 03:19:57 PM »
My wife wears a headscarf and sometimes a full Arabic veil when outside in the world. The modest dress of Muslim women is very appealing to me. A long dress and headscarf, and sometimes a full Niqab or Burqa gives an impression of feminine modesty and spirituality. It also affords women a sense of seriousness, of submissivesness, of privacy, and of peacefullness.

Such dress need not be plain. My wife has have scarves, long dresses and veils in a variety of materials and colors.

The wives of the Prophet covered themselves. Modesty and Submissiveness is a virtue. 

You speak of modesty and spirituality when your profile "jurisdiction" is disgusting and offensive?  And you expect us to engage in discussion with you?
Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.
Matthew 18:5

Offline ialmisry

• There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
  • Hypatos
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 03:23:04 PM »
My wife wears a headscarf and sometimes a full Arabic veil when outside in the world.

But are her genitals mutilated, your sig begs that question.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 03:23:51 PM by ialmisry »
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth

Offline Punch

• Taxiarches
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 04:15:57 PM »
My wife wears a headscarf and sometimes a full Arabic veil when outside in the world.

But are her genitals mutilated, your sig begs that question.

My Troll alarm is going off.  I think this guy is Trying to Convert's brother.
I would be happy to agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong.

Offline Shanghaiski

• Taxiarches
  • Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 04:25:33 PM »

I think he's a fake.  No Muslim with a right mind would lay claim to the jurisdiction of "vulva" and profess pride in female circumcision.

I don't know that I would ascribe adherents to a false prophet as being "right-minded," but your point is noted.
Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 04:34:58 PM »

This comment violates God's inviolable internet rule 34.
If you have PMed me, the mods have taken my ability to PM away. Please see my email if you wish to contact me during my time of trial.

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Hoplitarches
  • Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 04:40:42 PM »

I don't know that I would ascribe adherents to a false prophet as being "right-minded," but your point is noted.

Let me change that comment.  Any human being with a right mind...
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.