OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 26, 2014, 02:55:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apology  (Read 2959 times) Average Rating: 0
Christian

« on: December 04, 2002, 11:17:14 AM »

I am new here and jumped in on a topic that is extremely hot and one that I am passionate about. I want to apologize for my last post on the "Jews in Israel" thread. I let my emotions get the best of me as I accused others of doing so and as a result I was less than charitable and hypocritical. Please forgive me.

Needless to say it is a difficult situation with many twists and lots of people suffering on all sides. I agree to disagree with many of you on this issue.  In the future I will strive to be more charitable. Just so you know where I am coming from and in the interest of honesty - most of my father's family died in Auschwitz. So I am more than bit sensitive to what I perceive as callousness towards Jewish suffering. This is not to say that I don't strive to be objective but I have honestly been following this for years and do know a few things about the history of the conflict. But that does not give me the right to be unkind.

In Peace,

Christian

NULL
Orthodoc
Supporter & Defender Of Orthodoxy
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: OCA

Those who ignore history tend to repeat it.

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2002, 12:16:13 PM »

Perhaps we call all pray to the newly proclaimed St  Philoumenos to intercede before the throne of God for a peaceful and just solution to the middle east problem.  Maybe then will his brutal and senseless murder have a purpose-

Orthodox Saint murdered by Jewish fanatics:

A web page about St. Philoumenos:

http://www.angelfire.com/va/ALLSAINTS/martyrs/nmphilou.html
http://www.angelfire.com/va/ALLSAINTS/martyrs/images/nmphilo1.gif

It was later determined that the person that did the actual murder was an American Jew. Instead of being imprisioned for this act by the Isreali government, he was merely deported back to the U.S. where he freely walks the streets.

Orthodoc

Oh Lord, Save thy people and bless thine inheritance.
Grant victory to the Orthodox Christians over their adversaries.
And by virtue of thy Cross preserve thy habitation.
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

"Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee..."

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2002, 01:27:51 PM »

I applaud Christian's apology, which is an act of humility, and I myself apologise if I have been uncharitable and proud in the now locked thread.  We all can and do get heated about issues that affect us in one way or another; it is a part of human nature.  But we are called by Christ to surpass this by showing to each other, in spite of our strong views and disagreements, the love of God to one another, for we are all brothers and sisters, children of the Father Almighty.  

The situation in the Middle East is a very difficult one to even comprehend for most of us who are outsiders.  Some of us hear things and side with one party, and others hear things and side with another.  We each have facts; we must admit that neither side has been very good to the other, regardless of any justification for this or that.  It is all too easy to point fingers and present reasons for that, but what good will it do?  

At this time of year, Advent, most Christians in the world are preparing, by prayer and fasting, for the feast of the Nativity, the birthday of the Prince of Peace.  And He was born in the very land we speak of!  Let us pray to Him, through the intercession of the Mother of God, the Holy Apostles, Saint Philoumenos (thanks for the information, Orthodoc), and all the saints, that the problems there will be resolved peacefully and soon, and that there may be an end to the suffering endured by Christians, Jews, and Muslims in that land.  Let us also pray for Christian and his family, and those they lost in Auschwitz.

The Mor has spoken. Let his word endure unto the ages of ages.
JoeS
(aka StMarkEofE)
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: OCA

Global Warming Enthusiast.

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2002, 03:29:51 PM »

Ive added St. Philoumenos to my Icon stand. Smiley

JoeS

Perhaps we call all pray to the newly proclaimed St  Philoumenos to intercede before the throne of God for a peaceful and just solution to the middle east problem.  Maybe then will his brutal and senseless murder have a purpose-

Orthodox Saint murdered by Jewish fanatics:

A web page about St. Philoumenos:

http://www.angelfire.com/va/ALLSAINTS/martyrs/nmphilou.html
http://www.angelfire.com/va/ALLSAINTS/martyrs/images/nmphilo1.gif

It was later determined that the person that did the actual murder was an American Jew. Instead of being imprisioned for this act by the Isreali government, he was merely deported back to the U.S. where he freely walks the streets.

Orthodoc

The young fogey
Archon

I'm an alpaca, actually

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2002, 05:41:39 PM »

Thanks, Orthodoc. I printed him out too.

Christian

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2002, 09:30:30 AM »

Mor Ephrem,

Thank you for your graciousness.  

Christian

NULL
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: