Author Topic: Episcopal Assembly website  (Read 1253 times)

Offline Father H

• Archon
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Nea Roma
Episcopal Assembly website
« on: December 16, 2010, 06:49:48 PM »

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Hoplitarches
    • St.Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
Re: Episcopal Assembly website
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 06:57:42 PM »

Thank You for the link, Father.
Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline ialmisry

• There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
  • Strategos
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 08:44:57 PM »
I notice the Bp. Mark is already in the OCA. The "auxiallary" bishops of the Antiochian Archdiocese are listed, but the vicar bp. Ioan Cassian of the Romanian Patriarchate is not (I can swear they have another vicar here too).

Oddly, SCOBA is still in links.

I hope the parish guide does become complete and official. We need one, and some coordination of casting the Church's net over the continent.
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth

Offline Father H

• Archon
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Nea Roma
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 11:06:19 PM »
I notice the Bp. Mark is already in the OCA. The "auxiallary" bishops of the Antiochian Archdiocese are listed, but the vicar bp. Ioan Cassian of the Romanian Patriarchate is not (I can swear they have another vicar here too).
Oddly, SCOBA is still in links.
I hope the parish guide does become complete and official. We need one, and some coordination of casting the Church's net over the continent.

SCOBA is probably still in the links just as a practical matter that not all has been transferred and to be able to access the history.   Yes, the parish guide is well needed. 

Offline EmperorConstantine

• Sailor
  • St. Constantine the Great
  • Jurisdiction: Military-don't have the luxury to care
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 07:28:06 AM »
Why not simply link over to the orthodoxyinamerica.com website?  It seems a little redundant if that exists as well as the guide from the Episcopal Assembly.

Offline John of the North

• Protokentarchos
  • Christ is Risen!
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 07:31:54 AM »
Why not simply link over to the orthodoxyinamerica.com website?  It seems a little redundant if that exists as well as the guide from the Episcopal Assembly.

It would make more sense to consolidate a similar directory/search function at the Episcopal Assembly. In this day and age, clicking around to multiple sites isn't ideal.
“Find the door of your heart, and you will discover it is the door to the kingdom of God.” - St. John Chrysostom