OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 23, 2014, 05:31:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: for annie  (Read 878 times) Average Rating: 0
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« on: December 14, 2010, 10:44:52 PM »

there is this 14 year old girl that used to go to my Church.  I'm afraid she needs some sort of help.  I feel bad now, but once she came back to Church, she asked me out.  I declined.  we are still friends and everything.  well, about 3 weeks ago her older brother committed suicide.  she wants to live with her dad and her mom won't let her.  now, on her facebook status, she says "I want to die again." 

please pray for her!  I will talk to my priest about it, perhapse he can pay her a visit sometime and talk.

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

Faith: Melkite Greek-Catholic
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Newton

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 10:58:11 PM »

Prayers for Annie, that she be comforted in the pain that she feels in the loss of her brother, that her family be suppportive and caring of her in this critical time of her life, that she reach out for spiritual and psychological help, and that she be protected from the depression that is gripping her.

Prayers also for her friend and our brother, Trevor, who bothers to care about her well-being in a time when so many are unwilling to look beyond their own needs.

"Not only is it unnecessary to adopt the customs of the Latin Rite to manifest one's Catholicism, it is an offense against the unity of the Church."

- Melkite Archbishop Joseph (Tawil), of blessed memory
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 10:59:40 PM »

Lord, have mercy on all involved!

Love never fails.
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 11:02:01 PM »

thanks so much for your prayers!  she's just posted something else rather scary.  please look at this link to the post:
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=177595932259676&id=1834018643

I'm afraid for her.  I'm printing this out and bringing it to my priest.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 11:02:14 PM by trevor72694 » Logged

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

Faith: Melkite Greek-Catholic
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Newton

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 11:04:26 PM »

Can't open it. Page may be restricted or someone may have reacted and reported it.

"Not only is it unnecessary to adopt the customs of the Latin Rite to manifest one's Catholicism, it is an offense against the unity of the Church."

- Melkite Archbishop Joseph (Tawil), of blessed memory
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 11:15:25 PM »

I'll just go ahead and copy and paste it here.

her original post:

i take jeremiahs hat and i finaly talk to him and not ignor him and i wouldnt geve hat back till i got something and kaylee yas yelling at me to give his hat back sso i threw it and yelled that i can never be myself and ran off and hid where no one would find me till lunch was over...i no like life here and i wanna die agn

I respond:

Annie, you should talk to someone about "wanting to die". death is NEVER the answer. perhapse you could talk to a teacher a school? or you could ring Father Barnabas, I'm sure he'd be happy to talk to you. also, speak to your mom about your feelings, she is your mom and LOVES you, no matter what!

she says:

if i tell teacher theyll send me to counsler and i wont talk to a counsler or thearapist and father B will call my ma and i cant let my ma know cuza what happen to my brother and if she found out what ive done and what i think about shell s...end me to girls ranch for suicidal girls i know bout it cuz my brother was sent to a boys ranch and if i go i wont cooperate i dont like ppl like that i wont talk i only talk to my closest friends about this stuff only one person knows everything bout me and my life and that golda cuz she can be trusted and shell never leave me and i cant take this world the people im with and the life i live i want out i want out i dont want to wait 2 years for my ma to get better and then me go live with my dad i want out i want to be free from this depression

I say:
Annie, please believe me when I say you and your family are in my prayers. I know that this is a terribly hard time for you, but you MUST speak to someone about this. things can be done to help you out with this. changing these feelings is not all on you, if you only seek some help.

she says:
i can only talk to friends about my fellings

I say:
and, who is a better friend then Father Barnabas? he was your spiritual father, he knows you so well (you spilled your gutts to him in confession). He would understand, and help.

she says:
he will tell my mom i cant let him do that si i cant tell him

I'm now at a loss for words.  she will just shoot down my suggestions.  LORD, HAVE MERCY!

LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 11:15:44 PM »

Trevor, I can't see her "Wall", but, I found her through your page.  Her avatar is cause for concern.

Do you know her parents?  Can you call them or your priest?

Don't wait until Sunday to notify someone.  Sunday is a long way away.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 11:16:49 PM »

Trevor, I can't see her "Wall", but, I found her through your page.  Her avatar is cause for concern.

Do you know her parents?  Can you call them or your priest?

Don't wait until Sunday to notify someone.  Sunday is a long way away.

sadly, they moves a couple states away.  I will call my priest as soon as he gets back from visiting family in Canada. 

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 04:17:48 AM »

Lord, have mercy!
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 04:22:04 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2010, 03:03:57 AM »

I've given copies of this conversation with Annie to my priest and her godmother.  hopefully God's will shall be done, and she will be delivered from depression!

HandmaidenofGod
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA (Ecumenical Patriarch)

O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2010, 07:53:27 PM »

Lord have mercy!

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2010, 09:32:50 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
peteprint
High Elder

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2010, 03:31:33 AM »

Lord have mercy on this troubled girl and heal her soul.
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2011, 12:47:05 AM »

I just wantd to update you all.  this girl's mother just had a heart attack but she's getting better.

sadly, on her facebook, Annie seems to be getting into the Occult.    I was into that for a while before I started going to Church, and it really messed me up spiritually. 

she needs our prayers!

quietmorning
Archon

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

St. Photini

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2011, 06:12:29 PM »

Lord have mercy. . . .Lord have mercy. . .Lord have mercy. 

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: