Author Topic: For my colleague  (Read 414 times)

Offline Heorhij

• Merarches
    • Mississippi University for Women
For my colleague
« on: December 12, 2010, 11:00:53 AM »
Please pray for my colleague at the university, M. She is a very well-known professor, a teacher most highly esteemed by her students and her peers. M. is in her early 50-s, like myself. She has 4 children, now all grown, and one of her children, a daughter, was a student of mine in 2006-2009 (now in a graduate school, but we keep in touch via Facebook).

About a year ago, M. suddenly began to lose weight. She has always been "on the lean side," but now she is like a lamppost: about 5'9" tall, she weighs perhaps less than 90 lbs. I am on a committee with her, meeting about once a month, so it struck me how incredibly thin she became.

Her daughter told me that M. does not seem to have any serious somatic illness. Her problem is, most likely, psychological: she just does not eat...

Your prayers will be much appreciated.
Love never fails.

Offline Ionnis

• guru
Re: For my colleague
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 03:38:54 PM »
Lord have mercy!!! 
"If you cannot find Christ in the beggar at the church door, you will not find Him in the chalice.”  -The Divine John Chrysostom

“Till we can become divine, we must be content to be human, lest in our hurry for change we sink to something lower.” -Anthony Trollope