OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 20, 2014, 05:11:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Place for Orthodox Families to Live?  (Read 6665 times) Average Rating: 0
Severian
God save Egypt, Syria, Lebanon & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Coptic/Egyptian Orthodoxy

Saint Severus of Antioch - the Eloquent Mouth

Partisangirl
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2011, 01:34:28 AM »

My grandmother, God grant her peace, was fond of saying, "there are no happy places, only happy people."

My two cents.

+1

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -Jesus Christ (Cf. St. John 16:33)
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2011, 12:11:07 PM »

The New Athos monastery near Sukhumi (Akua), Abkhazia. Very beautiful place. My parents used to vacation there when I was a kid. Incredible impressions: warm sea, blue mountain peaks, sunshine, luscious greenery, peace. However, because of the recent war between Russia and Georgia, I am afraid it's not all that peaceful today...

Love never fails.
stpaulphilip

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian

« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2012, 05:08:41 PM »

I have to plug my city, Omaha, Nebraska.  It was voted one of the best cities to live in the U.S., has a great economy, a very large Air Force base (Offutt AFB), is a clean and nice city, and there are 7 Orthodox Churches here with about 3 more within 40 minutes drive.  I live in a very small town (200 people) about 45 minutes from Omaha, but I make the drive everyday because I work at the Air Force base.  I also go to church in Omaha, so I drive in 6 days a week.  Housing is super cheap compared to the rest of the country.  I bought a 4 bedroom house on 5 acres for less than you would pay for a renting a one bedroom apartment for two years in Southern Cal. (for real).  We have great homeschooling groups.  I have four children, and there are about 50 kids in our Church, St. Nicholas Serbian Orthodox Church in Omaha.  My son is an altar boy, along with about 5 others that work the altar boy shifts.  Our schools are better than the rest of the country (I live across the river in Iowa, and we do have the best schools, if you don't homeschool).  Get out of Cali before it falls into the water!  Lol. God bless you in your decision.  I realize you may have moved a long time ago, but had to plug our good city.   

Paul

Isaiah 5:20 "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!"
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: