OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 23, 2014, 04:37:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How Do I Post Music from a CD?  (Read 2322 times) Average Rating: 0
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« on: December 07, 2010, 06:11:26 PM »

How do I post music from a CD to my computer and then onto the internet?

Selam

"If we are unwilling to accept any truth that we have not first discovered and declared ourselves, we demonstrate that we are interested not in the truth so much as in being right." ~ Thomas Merton ~
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 06:28:19 PM »

Assuming you are in compliance with either copyright law or fair use, what you do is you have to open up a program to "rip" the tracks off the CD into mp3 format (there are other formats, but mp3 is the most common).  I think Windows Media Player will do this.  If not, there are tons of free programs on www.download.com

Then you find the site you want to post them to, and you post them following the directions of whatever site it is you want to post them on to.

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 08:10:54 PM »

How do I post music from a CD to my computer and then onto the internet?

Selam

Iv sent Mp-3 Music Thur Email as a attachment and it worked ....Maybe Ill try attaching a Mp-3 music file to this forum and see if it works....

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 08:38:55 PM »

No, we don't allow (or at least I think the software does not allow) the posting of mp3s.  We don't have enough space or bandwidth to support that.

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 10:01:49 PM »

Yes, Windows Media Player would work. At least on my computer, if you have the player open, when you put the CD in, it will bring up the screen you want automatically. You then click on one of the tabs, and select "Rip X" or whatever.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 12:36:06 AM »

I'm trying to learn how to post music from my own cd onto this forum, facebook, my blog, etc. So far I have been able to download it from cd to "realplayer." It says mp3, but I don't have an mp3 device. What do I do next?

Selam

"If we are unwilling to accept any truth that we have not first discovered and declared ourselves, we demonstrate that we are interested not in the truth so much as in being right." ~ Thomas Merton ~
stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 12:59:48 AM »

I'm trying to learn how to post music from my own cd onto this forum, facebook, my blog, etc. So far I have been able to download it from cd to "realplayer." It says mp3, but I don't have an mp3 device. What do I do next?

Selam

Save all your mp-3 music files after you converted them from wave files which are the ones on the cd, to  your music folder..If you get a Ipod or any Mp-3 player your can drag them to your mp-3 player when its connected to your computer by usb ...As Father Mentioned you may not be able to upload them to this forum but to a free service and post a link to them on your blog and this forum....

There are Free coverting programs that convert wave files to mp-3 ..I don't bother with them i just re -record the wave files from cd into mp-3 files with the free internet radio recorder  Mp-3 my mp-3 player .if i like some music or chant on u-tube ill record the music or chants to mp3 files and drag, put them on my i-pod....Hope this helps...
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 01:11:54 AM by stashko » Logged

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 01:31:25 AM »

test

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 01:35:09 AM »

test2

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 01:43:08 AM »

Looks like if you change the extension of the mp3 to .pdf (.txt didn't work), it can be uploaded to this forum, but it has to be changed back to mp3 by the end user for it to play (or the .pdf executed with software that knows it's an mp3); however, provided it is executed with the correct software it will play. Of course, you're still limited by the 1 MB upload limit, which will limit the usefulness of this feature...unless you break it apart into several mp3's under a meg and have the end user concatenate them together.

Whether or not this workaround is acceptable to the forum admins, well, I'll leave that to Fr. Anastasios to say; but I'm guessing he doesn't want his bandwidth used this way, to say nothing of copyright issues.

(On a side note, it's pretty hard to find open source mp3's...and even when I found them, couldn't find any under a megabyte, had to edit the file to make it small enough to play with...but if anyone's asking the file is open source from http://www.opensourcemusic.com/ ...don't want to get anyone in trouble).
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 10:45:37 AM by Schultz » Logged

Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 02:12:22 AM »

Thanks guys. I found out that I can email the songs, but still don't know a simple way to provide a link to them. If you find out any more info, let me know. BTW, I don't own an ipod or mp3 player or anything like that. I just have my computer.

Thanks again.

Selam 

stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 02:25:03 AM »

Thanks guys. I found out that I can email the songs, but still don't know a simple way to provide a link to them. If you find out any more info, let me know. BTW, I don't own an ipod or mp3 player or anything like that. I just have my computer.

Thanks again.

Selam 

Computers Play all music Formats or the players you have installed do....like i tune player ,real player ,win amp, windows media player . divix player plus it gives you all the codexes to play movies , So does real player but you have to  push the update button to install them..

GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 02:32:32 AM »

Thanks again.

Selam 

The easiest way is to use a free file hosting service, a quick search revealed http://www.filedropper.com/ haven't used it before so can't give you any idea of how good it may be; another option is to host your own web page with the files. Of course, if the files are still under copyright, that could be a bit dangerous...a more decentralized approach like bittorrent may be preferable, an anonymous bittorrent approach like btguard or anomos even better...though, even if you have a secure way to distribute such files, I doubt OC.net would be open to letting you link to the trackers from their forum; having a website with the infrastructure they use makes them easy to track down and it just opens up too much liability BS.

stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 02:35:16 AM »

Thanks again.

Selam 

You can get a portable cd Mp-3 player and put about 400 mp-3 songs on a dvd 4.5 gigabite disk....Just incase you didn't know about it...

annajohnson

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2011, 03:55:00 AM »

You can send musics from a CD very easily. Send it by the attachments  help. After registering, select sent mail option top of the text massage, the attachment option is available, click there, then attach your music file from the browser and ok.

Link removed - MK.
BowOurHeads

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2011, 09:47:41 PM »

I still dont get it  Huh
i have some amharic psalm chantings i wanted to post in mp3
Mishakol

Jurisdiction: (closest church)

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2011, 10:45:33 PM »

I make music videos and put them on Youtube.

"And in Him is no darkness at all,"--that is, no passion, no keeping up of evil respecting any one, [He] destroys no one but gives salvation to all. Light moreover signifies, either the precepts of the Law, or faith, or doctrine."

Clement Of Alexandria - Commentary on 1 John.
Tags: music techies are cool 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: