Author Topic: please pray for me to keep my patience!!!  (Read 641 times)

Offline Tikhon.of.Colorado

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
please pray for me to keep my patience!!!
« on: December 05, 2010, 11:06:09 PM »
well, I have two prayer requests:

1.  please, pray for me to alwayse keep patience.  there is a special-education student cooking with me in cooking class.  I have to make TONS of cookies, and am on a tight schedule.  on top of that, I have to explain everything to him, he always howls and wails that h wants to do more, and won't do the dishes (which is what I've assigned him too, in the interest of time) which I have to do, making me 15 minutes late for English class.  PLEASE pray for me to keep patience.

2. please pray for the spirit of pride to leave me.  I'm going with a group from Church to our local homeless shelter/soup kitchen and serving dinner, and then we must sit down and eat with the homeless people.  I admit, I'm a bit scared.  I've had some pretty odd encounters with people like that, but I do so want to help someone for once!!!

Lord, have mercy on me, a sinner!

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Toumarches
    • St.Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
Re: please pray for me to keep my patience!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 12:28:46 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

Remember to look for bit of God in each person...whether they have physical, mental or other issues.  Look for the good in them, and it'll be easier.

Remember, God loves them just like He loves you....so, if He loves them, how can you not?

Just have fun with it all....and relax.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline Tikhon.of.Colorado

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 12:36:55 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

Remember to look for bit of God in each person...whether they have physical, mental or other issues.  Look for the good in them, and it'll be easier.

Remember, God loves them just like He loves you....so, if He loves them, how can you not?

Just have fun with it all....and relax.

thanks.  I admit, I am very overly critical in the kitchen....  I appreciate the prayers, Liza!

Offline GabrieltheCelt

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox OCA
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 01:36:03 AM »
Lord, have mercy!

I think all of us could use each others' prayers when it comes to having/acquiring patience in dealing with others who are different than us.  There are folks who really irritate me, but then I know that I irritate other folks as well.  And although these situations are unpleasant, I'm convinced that with prayer, they make us better people.  Please remember to keep me in your prayers as well.  :)
"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying

Offline mike

• The Jerk
  • Stratopedarches
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Makurian Orthodox
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 04:51:36 AM »
Lord, have mercy!

Offline biro

• Excelsior
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
  • Leave me alone, I was only singing
    • Alaska Volcanoes
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 07:39:39 AM »
Lord, have mercy.
He will come again with glory to judge the living and the dead. His kingdom will have no end.

--

And if I seem a little strange, well, that's because I am

Offline Dimitrios-Georgios

• Saints Dimitrios and Georgios
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 02:55:48 PM »
Lord, have mercy!

Offline Heorhij

• Merarches
    • Mississippi University for Women
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 03:21:28 PM »
Lord, have mercy!
Love never fails.

Offline Papist

• Patriarch of Pontification
  • Toumarches
  • Praying for the Christians in Iraq
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 03:22:40 PM »
Lord, have mercy.
You are right. I apologize for having sacked Constantinople. I really need to stop doing that.

Offline Ebor

• Vanyar
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 09:43:42 PM »
Lord, have mercy.

But there's something in this:

1.  please, pray for me to alwayse keep patience.  there is a special-education student cooking with me in cooking class.  I have to make TONS of cookies, and am on a tight schedule.  on top of that, I have to explain everything to him, he always howls and wails that h wants to do more, and won't do the dishes (which is what I've assigned him too, in the interest of time) which I have to do, making me 15 minutes late for English class.  PLEASE pray for me to keep patience.

You assigned him to do the dishes.  Could it be that your fellow student sees you as doing the fun/creative/productive parts and you 'make' him do the dirty work as it were?  Would you object if you thought that someone had done that to you, maybe?

Our youngest has Down Syndrome, so I have some experience with Special Needs students.  The time crunch of classes is a real thing.  But there is more here including two people who have to work together.

With respect,

Ebor
"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.