OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 16, 2014, 05:35:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sunni Muslim Grand Mufti Contacts His Holiness Aram I  (Read 832 times) Average Rating: 0
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« on: December 05, 2010, 02:59:17 AM »

On Wednesday 1 December 2010, His Holiness Aram I received a telephone call from the Grand Mufti of Lebanon. The Mufti expressed his resentment at the recent violence in Iraq against Christians, because according to him Christians and Muslims in the Middle East have always coexisted despite difficulties. Sheikh Kabbani proposed that Christian and Muslim Spiritual Leaders of the region prepare a statement condemning all acts that trigger interreligious animosity among communities.

Read more here:

http://theorthodoxchurch.info/blog/news/2010/12/sunni-muslim-grand-mufti-sheikh-mohammed-rashid-kabbani-contacts-his-holiness-aram-i/

Andrew21091
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 06:38:25 PM »

Sheikh Kabbani proposed that Christian and Muslim Spiritual Leaders of the region prepare a statement condemning all acts that trigger interreligious animosity among communities.

I'm happy to see that a prominent Islamic spiritual leader has risen up and called for peace and to condemn the terrible actions against Christians in Iraq. Glory to God! Alhamdulillah!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 06:42:22 PM by Andrew21091 » Logged
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 06:47:12 PM »

"For whoever gives you a cup of water to drink because of your name as followers of Christ, truly I say to you, he will not lose his reward." Mk 9:41.

Hopefully he will set a trend.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
ChristusDominus
High Elder

Faith: Latin Rite

Saint Aloysius Gonzaga

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 06:53:19 PM »

Well, that is good news.

There is no more evident sign that anyone is a saint and of the number of the elect, than to see him leading a good life and at the same time a prey to desolation, suffering, and trials. - Saint Aloysius Gonzaga
Father H
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian--God's One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: UOCofUSA-Ecumenical Patriarchate

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 07:50:18 PM »

"For whoever gives you a cup of water to drink because of your name as followers of Christ, truly I say to you, he will not lose his reward." Mk 9:41.

Very appropriate verse.   
Ionnis
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 08:12:24 PM »

Very appropriate verse.   
Indeed!

"If you cannot find Christ in the beggar at the church door, you will not find Him in the chalice.”  -The Divine John Chrysostom

“Till we can become divine, we must be content to be human, lest in our hurry for change we sink to something lower.” -Anthony Trollope
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek by desire; Antiochian by necessity

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 02:28:26 PM »

It's not April Fools, is it?  Seriously, I'm happy to see that an Islamic cleric has actually deplored the violence against Christians in Iraq when they are typically silent and even encouraging of such things.

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
augustin717
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 02:38:44 PM »

That's good.
What's causing the violence now is the indigenous Christians being somehow associated, in the mind of some deranged Islamists, with the USA's government mindless and disastrous  adventure in the Middle East.
If they could only see that the kind of Christianity that supports neo-con politics has NOTHING to do with traditional Christianity, such as the indigenous Churches of the Middle East. On the contrary, I see normal, non-radicalized Islam is far more protecting of the indigenous Christians, than the fanatical Evangelicals that would have them all convert to their Disneyland-style "Christianity".
podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 03:18:40 PM »

That's good.
What's causing the violence now is the indigenous Christians being somehow associated, in the mind of some deranged Islamists, with the USA's government mindless and disastrous  adventure in the Middle East.
If they could only see that the kind of Christianity that supports neo-con politics has NOTHING to do with traditional Christianity, such as the indigenous Churches of the Middle East. On the contrary, I see normal, non-radicalized Islam is far more protecting of the indigenous Christians, than the fanatical Evangelicals that would have them all convert to their Disneyland-style "Christianity".

My brother recently returned from a two week Orthodox Pilgrimage to the Holy Land and he would wholeheartedly concur with your observation.
Tags: Armenian Church 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: