OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 23, 2014, 02:49:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help for Essay Question  (Read 331 times) Average Rating: 0
Gerasimos

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

« on: December 03, 2010, 07:47:41 PM »

Hello,

I'm new to the board, a friend of mine directed me here, and I'm wondering if any of you would be so kind as to help me out on a question I have.

What are the similarities and differences between Christianity in the Byzantine Empire, on the one hand, and Christianity in Persia and further east, on the other, up to the 10th century?

I'm aware of the christological differences- to an extent. It's all rather confusing, especially when it comes to similarities. If anyone can adress any aspect of this question it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Gerasimos
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 08:46:21 PM »

Welcome to the forum!

I can't help you, though.

However, I am certain there are folks on this forum who will, just as soon as they notice your post.

Wink

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Kra-nion

Faith: 'Old Faith Orthodox' { in catholic communion }
Jurisdiction: ;those to whom Sts. Cyril & Methodius went;

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 09:28:25 AM »

###  the Byzantines of trajan's family look for words & names that start with kraj     .........vlach (the shepherd culture).......(parthian).persia had the old line of romans war breed.......the first (acts chap.10) they would be related royally
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: