OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 02, 2014, 04:05:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook and hackers  (Read 412 times) Average Rating: 0
Theophilos78
Archon

Faith: pro-Israeli Zionist Apostolic Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Adonai Yeshua

« on: December 01, 2010, 05:22:57 AM »

Some of the Christian groups on facebook are under the constant attack of a sick terrorist who affiliates himself with Hezbollah.

He keeps pasting some nasty messages, flinging threats, and flooding the page. I tried to ban him, but the funny thing is that he does not seem to have joined the group or liked the page! I wonder how he can send messages and make comments without appearing among the people who like the page.  Huh What could be his trick for that?

He is most likely a hacker who hates non-Muslims that organize facebook groups to criticize Islam.  Angry

His profile picture has some corpses lying on the floor with no head on them next to a lake of blood and a severed head facing the other two corpses. This guy may be a real murderer... He always sends this message: "I am going to cut your heads off". His nick is "I have come to be your death".  Angry

What can we do to stop this sick Islamic extremist? I reported abuse to facebook and requested that he be banned, but I know facebook may not take my report seriously. What is the secure way of getting him banned? Is it possible to write a formal letter explaining the problem and send it to facebook?

Peace,
Theophilos

Longing for Heavenly Jerusalem
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 05:51:04 AM »

If he is actually advocating terrorism or attempting to raise funds for terrorism through facebook, you can try this:  Link

Otherwise you are going to have to just report/block him and facebook might do something.

Facebook's support of freedom of speech is lukewarm and seems to change based on the phases of the moon (so you might luck out).
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 05:51:41 AM by Entscheidungsproblem » Logged

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 06:41:58 AM »

As I understand it, direct threats are not protected by free speech laws-- try fbi.gov if you think you have to. I am not a lawyer. Just an idea on my part. Still, if you think this is a genuine person who wants to do something, it's up to you. Alternatively, keep clicking "Report" under every post that you think is objectionable, and pick something as the reason, such as violence or inappropriate content; there may also be a box where you can leave a comment with more information. Fill that with whatever you need to. I have often seen horrible spammers get into groups, and it can take a lot of reports before they kick them out. Keep trying.  Smiley
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 06:45:10 AM by biro » Logged

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Theophilos78
Archon

Faith: pro-Israeli Zionist Apostolic Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Adonai Yeshua

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 05:31:29 AM »

Thank u both for your response and suggestion.  Smiley

Last night the same terrorist came to the group, but this time his name appeared among the people who like the page. I removed and banned him permanently.  Grin

Peace,
Theophilos

Longing for Heavenly Jerusalem
laconicstudent
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Inquirer

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 05:38:02 AM »

If he is actually advocating terrorism or attempting to raise funds for terrorism through facebook, you can try this:  Link

You should do this.

As I understand it, direct threats are not protected by free speech laws-- try fbi.gov if you think you have to.

Your right, incidentally. Direct threats are a felony.
Tags: facebook  hackers  violence  Islam  extremism 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: