OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 22, 2014, 03:33:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Intercessions for a divorce (unwanted!)  (Read 1892 times) Average Rating: 0
JMTRD6

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA / Transitioning to OCA

« on: November 30, 2010, 02:22:00 AM »

I would like to humbly ask for your prayers/intercessions for my marriage.  My wife gave up on our marriage this evening and left me for her parents' house.   Cry  I don't believe in divorce and I love her "as Christ loves the Church", so I am very VERY depressed right now.  Please pray that the Lord will "let no man separate what God has joined together" and that he will carry me through the night in his loving embrace.

In Christ,

Justin
Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA (Old Calendar)

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 02:32:50 AM »

Lord, have mercy.
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

St. Hripsimeh pray for us!

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 02:50:49 AM »

Lord have mercy!

"I don't think I've ever eaten anything Armenian I didn't like.  I even drink my non-Armenian coffee out of a St Nersess Seminary coffee mug because it is better that way." --Mor Ephrem
SolEX01
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 02:58:25 AM »

Lord have Mercy.
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 03:24:20 AM »

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, Have Mercy!

I'm going to need this.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 07:10:21 AM »

Lord, have mercy.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
JMTRD6

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 05:00:50 PM »

Thank you for your prayers.  I made it through the night, but I'm still too sad to eat or leave the house.  Please pray that my wife doesn't lose her faith in Christ and that I can make it through, yet, another night. 

God bless,

Justin
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 05:07:06 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 05:08:51 PM »

Lord have mercy!

Are there children?

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
JMTRD6

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2010, 05:10:02 PM »

No children, but our 7 year old Beagle is very sad. 
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 05:30:54 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Love never fails.
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2010, 06:26:07 PM »

Thank you for your prayers.  I made it through the night, but I'm still too sad to eat or leave the house.  Please pray that my wife doesn't lose her faith in Christ and that I can make it through, yet, another night. 

God bless,

Justin

Don't allow yourself to dwell on things. Get out of the house. Stay busy.

I'm going to need this.
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2010, 06:28:09 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
JMTRD6

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2010, 06:31:24 PM »

Thank you and may the Lord be with you.  I tried leaving the house for lunch with my family and was too nauseated to eat.  To say that I'm devastated is an understatement.  I'm going to try to get to Bible study this evening; hopefully that will take my mind off of the pain. 
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2010, 06:43:23 PM »

Thank you and may the Lord be with you.  I tried leaving the house for lunch with my family and was too nauseated to eat.  To say that I'm devastated is an understatement.  I'm going to try to get to Bible study this evening; hopefully that will take my mind off of the pain. 

It may help, just don't have unreasonable expectations that it's not going to hurt.

Just remember, you have your desires, but in the end, what happens, happens. If things are going to change, it's not going to be because she can tell you're moping around and sick. (You know what I mean?) It's a lot harder than it sounds, I know, just don't allow yourself to get wrapped up in it. It won't help things, and that's they last place you want to be.

Aside from the bro-talk, I hope the Holy Spirit is present in your life to give you the strength for your days.

Remember:
1 Cor 10:13 - Let no temptation take hold on you, but such as is human. And God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that which you are able: but will make also with temptation issue, that you may be able to bear it.

Sadness and grief can also lead to anger. Allowing yourself to be controlled by it, is allowing yourself to fall from God. How can you hear God's voice, when you've allowed yourself not to listen?

Peace be with you.

I'm going to need this.
quietmorning
Quiet Morning
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2010, 06:50:50 PM »

Lord have mercy. 

Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2010, 07:58:32 PM »

"Lord have mercy."

Try to keep praying. Pray for the strength to continue loving your wife regardless of her actions. God wants us to love others unconditionally. Remember Hosea's love for his harlot bride Gomer. We tend to love those who love us back, who treat us right, who are faithful to us, etc. But true love is loving those who forsake us, loving those who abuse or abondon us. I do not pretend that I have learned such perfect love yet. But in the midst of your sorrow and despair, try to see it as an opportunity to cultivate true Christian love. For whatever reason, God has allowed you to go through this period of adversity. Embrace it as an oppprtunity to draw nearer to Christ. As you lean upon Him and experience His perfect love, then perhaps He will grant you the grace and strength to love your wife more perfectly. Try not to obsess on whether or not your wife will return. Know that God remains just as real and present in you life either way.

I know it's easy for me to say these things to you. I am not the one going through it. But please know that I do speak from my own experiences of loss and heartache.

Peace to you.

Selam

"If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks at you along the way, you will never reach your goal." [Turkish Proverb]
dcommini
Tha mi sgulan na Trianaid
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2010, 09:44:17 PM »

Lord Have Mercy! I feel your pain... I didn't want to go anywhere when my wife left me (we are back together now and I pray the same for you), but my friends forced me out and to start working again and that really helped. For the longest time I could not eat with out getting sick, I lost some weight. I prayed and cried (like a baby who just had its pacifier stolen) every night, and the that among my friends helped me the most.

Gun cuireadh do chupa thairis le slàinte agus sona - May your cup overflow with health and happiness
Check out my blog...
JMTRD6

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2010, 11:53:19 PM »

Thank you so much for your prayers and advice.  I realize that many of you have been through similar situations, so please don't hesitate to share your advice with me (thanks to those of you that have already offered your wisdom).  I wish that I could conjure up a few more sentences to express my gratitude, but I am currently at a loss for words. 

Grace and peace to all,

Justin
IXOYE
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2010, 12:10:03 AM »

Prayers!
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2010, 04:46:14 AM »

Prayers......
Lord Have Mercy !.....Amen Amen

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
sodr2

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

القديس الانبا رويس

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2010, 02:29:49 PM »

God have mercy.

"Happiness depends on the relationship between man and God." Pope Shenouda III
JMTRD6

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2010, 01:08:57 AM »

My wife confirmed to me that she is not a "practicing" Orthodox Christian right now, confirming my worst fears.  Please keep her in your prayers! Lord have mercy, lord have mercy, lord have mercy (on Bridget).
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2010, 01:30:50 AM »

My wife confirmed to me that she is not a "practicing" Orthodox Christian right now, confirming my worst fears.  Please keep her in your prayers! Lord have mercy, lord have mercy, lord have mercy (on Bridget).

It's hard to be spiritual when you are emotional. Women get like that sometimes.  laugh  Wink
Don't pressure her.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on us, sinners.

I'm going to need this.
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Denver

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2010, 07:25:11 PM »

Lord have mercy!  you, your wife, and the dog are in my prayers!!!!!  I know that this is tough to deal with, I recently watched my parents go though it.

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
peteprint
High Elder

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2010, 01:46:53 AM »

You will be in my prayers as well.  I know how awful divorce can be.  It can take a long time to get over the worst.
whiterose

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Romania

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2010, 04:59:06 AM »

"Lord have mercy."

Try to keep praying. Pray for the strength to continue loving your wife regardless of her actions. God wants us to love others unconditionally. Remember Hosea's love for his harlot bride Gomer. We tend to love those who love us back, who treat us right, who are faithful to us, etc. But true love is loving those who forsake us, loving those who abuse or abondon us. I do not pretend that I have learned such perfect love yet. But in the midst of your sorrow and despair, try to see it as an opportunity to cultivate true Christian love. For whatever reason, God has allowed you to go through this period of adversity. Embrace it as an oppprtunity to draw nearer to Christ. As you lean upon Him and experience His perfect love, then perhaps He will grant you the grace and strength to love your wife more perfectly. Try not to obsess on whether or not your wife will return. Know that God remains just as real and present in you life either way.

I know it's easy for me to say these things to you. I am not the one going through it. But please know that I do speak from my own experiences of loss and heartache.

Peace to you.

Selam
I quoted this because I could have never said it that good. Pray, watch Christian Orthodox videos (on youtube for example, I have found some really good ones in my mother tongue with English subtitles), talk to your family and friends. You have to fight the temptation to isolate yourself or to think that everything is over. Show your love to her every time you communicate in a way or another and receive everything with Faith in God. "Dark" times in our lives can last longer sometimes but if we keep faith, everything makes us better persons, better Christians.
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2010, 07:34:17 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
militantsparrow
Laurence
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

militantsparrow
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2010, 07:46:36 AM »

Lord have mercy.

"Yeah, the sparrow hath found an house..." -Psalm 84:3
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2010, 12:07:20 PM »

I was despondent also when this happened to me decades ago. I hope that you take Azurestone's and Gebre's advice. I would also suggest the following prayer by St Ephraim the Syrian:

O Lord and Master of my life, take from me the spirit of sloth, faintheartedness, lust of power, and idle talk. (+)

But give rather the spirit of chastity, humility, patience and love to your servant. (+)

Yes, O Lord and King, grant me to see my own sin and not to judge my brother, for You are blessed from all ages to all ages. Amen. (+)

(The “(‘+)“ indicates that those praying make a deep bow or prostration at this point.)

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
jckstraw72
OC.net guru

« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2010, 12:54:57 PM »

Lord have mercy!
Altar Server
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian(as of 12/18/10)

Christos Anesti!

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2010, 01:19:32 PM »

Lord Have Mercy!

"Come ye take light from The Light that is never overtaken by night and glorify the Christ, who is risen from the dead"
HandmaidenofGod
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA (Ecumenical Patriarch)

O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2010, 01:36:49 PM »

Lord have mercy!

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: