OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 31, 2014, 08:01:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If I only convert and not my wife  (Read 537 times) Average Rating: 0
David 2007

« on: November 30, 2010, 08:36:46 AM »

If I convert to Orthodox Christianty and my wife does not. Say she remains an unbeliever/agnostic... what are the Church's teachings on what will happen to her?

I think St Paul writes that wives are sanctified by their believing husbands???
genesisone
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 08:44:32 AM »

The Church will not judge her (not necessarily true of individuals, of course  Wink), but you as an Orthodox Christian will be encouraged to live an Orthodox life in a way that will witness to her gently and lovingly.

Of course your priest, who should know more details than would be appropriate to share here, will give you more specific advice.
Onuphrius23

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 08:09:04 PM »

Dear David,

I had a similar question to yours....  my situation is a little bit similar to yours.  I've discussed this with my parish priest and he was very open about it and respect each person's decision. That is to say that we must display the same patience and live our life as true Orthodox Christians.  Prayer is always at the center of one's own decision to join the Church or not.  Sometimes, miracles do happen, it's all for the Glory of God.

My prayers are with you and your wife!
O.
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 11:50:51 PM »

If I convert to Orthodox Christianty and my wife does not. Say she remains an unbeliever/agnostic... what are the Church's teachings on what will happen to her?

You Being married ,and converting to Holy Orthodox and by being rightous can save your wife, even thou she never converts or becomes a believer or a Orthodox Christian, upon marrage the couple become one  physically not just in there offspring ,but allso a spiritual oneness...A Mystical union...As Holy Scripture say One or the Others rightiousness can save by covering one or the other thats not a believer....
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 12:23:25 AM by stashko » Logged

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: AOCA-DWMA

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 12:19:12 AM »

And by childbirth... Wink
David 2007

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 12:02:11 PM »

Thanks everyone.

I'm not used to reasonable answers.

I'm used to Protestant Forums run by American Protestants.

Let's just say some of the responses are just 'out there' on those forums.
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 12:37:27 PM »

Christ our Lord tells us He's the Bridgroom, and his Church Is his Bride....We The Church have a Mystical and Physical union with him,When we Partake of His Precious Blood and body [Holy Communion] For He dwells In us and we in him......This is his Great Love and Mercy he has Towards us.....

Thanks everyone.

I'm not used to reasonable answers.

I'm used to Protestant Forums run by American Protestants.

Let's just say some of the responses are just 'out there' on those forums.

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: