Author Topic: Failing Marriage  (Read 1240 times)

Offline Schultz

• Christian. Guitarist. Scooterist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
  • Taxiarches
  • Scion of the McKeesport Becks.
Failing Marriage
« on: April 07, 2004, 11:58:23 AM »
Friends,

As we approach Pascha, please remember in your prayers my friends Alison and Michael, going through a very rough spot in their relatively new marriage.  Threats of divorce have been thrown around and the whole situation is just incredibly sad and disconcerting.  Please pray for them, that they both grow up and take their vows seriously.  This is a situation where just a little understanding (and some marriage counseling) would go a LONG way.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen

Offline Jakub

• Archon
Re:Failing Marriage
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 12:01:50 PM »
I will add Alison & Michael to my prayers.

james
An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Offline PhosZoe

• Elder
  • One foot in the cradle
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 12:24:00 PM »
I'll add Alison and Michael to my prayers, as a newlywed myself I know all about the painful stuff that comes with the territory.

PZ

Offline Linus7

• Archon
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2004, 01:01:35 PM »
Been there, sad to say.

I will definitely pray for them.
The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas

Online Mor Ephrem

• The Fourteenth Apostle and Judge of the Interwebs
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Believed on in the world, received up in glory.
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2004, 11:46:33 PM »
Prayers...
"Do not tempt the Mor thy Mod."

Mor no longer posts on OCNet.  He follows threads, posts his responses daily, occasionally starts threads, and responds to private messages when and as he wants.  But he really isn't around anymore.